picked up the Brooklyn Bop kit this morning

Just realized the bottom tom heads don't have die cast hoops. I can't think of one good reason why you would need die casts on the bottom anyway. You are using a bass drum riser I take it? I can't see it.

Just realized the bottom tom heads don't have die cast hoops. I can't think of one good reason why you would need die casts on the bottom anyway. You are using a bass drum riser I take it? I can't see it.

they are 302 hoops top and bottom ....what you are seeing in the close up that looks like die cast is the tom mount

...and yes I put a riser on....I like a riser on an 18

Oh my bad I mistook the rims mount for part of the hoop. Oops!

Ants, beauty, man! Congratulations! May you get many years of enjoyment from those drums. Until I get my own....

Envious,
8Mile

Beautiful, Ant.
Nice color choice, they will only get better with age like a fine wine.
I'm also going to join the Brooklyn club in a few months...

Neal

thank you gentlemen

I got her out on 2 gigs last night and it was an absolute pleasure

extremely simple set up and break down

I rushed from a gig in NJ where I was playing straight ahead jazz to a gig in Brooklyn playing some jungle/drum n bass some more free jazz and some hip hop .......with zero bumps in the road and the new kit sounded amazing the whole way

I could not be more happy with the sound, construction, and overall feel of the kit

she will be my primary kit for everything but rock gigs.......and if had the patience or desire to retune her to play rock gigs I would use her for them as well......but I'll chose to keep her tuned where she is right now which is basically a jazz tuning

@ Neal - you will be very pleased with your Brooklyn kit ....these drums are top notch

...and I'm in no way paid to say that :)

Seriously good looking tubs. These kits are on my short list of ones I need to own one day.

Gorgeous drums! I'm ordering myself a set any day to replace my Catalina Club's. I'll be going for the 18x14 undrilled though. Further down the line may add an optional 10x7" tom too. Had a big toss up between this Satin Mahogany finish or the Cream Oyster which is also incredible looking! Swayed slightly towards the mahogany though on the grounds that it won't only be used for jazz though. Mostly, but not exclusively. Thought if I use it as a smaller kit for something more like some acoustic pop, the grain finish wouldn't look out of place in that way. I'll always drool over the Cream Oyster though! Like you, I also have a New Classic - mine is in Vintage Glass. Adore that kit, have it tuned more traditionally, just to sound like a drum should, then the Brooklyn's will be more jazz. Very excited for their arrival!

took a ride over to Steve Maxwells and picked up my Brooklyn bop kit that had just arrived from the Gretsch factory.
here are a few pics

brook4.jpg

brook3j.jpg

brook2.jpg

brook1g.jpg

Insanely jealous over here.

Beauty tubs.

Just ordered a set of these myself! There's a bit of a wait though - the EU suppliers had no sock left of these Cream Oysters, but plenty of the Satin Mahogany apparently! I thought for my preference they are pretty enough to warrant waiting 3 months haha! Hope you're enjoying yours - can't wait to get my hands on mine!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 639
Back