WE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!

Well, I don't know about the whole end-of-the-world thing, but it would certainly solve a lot of problems, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed ...

I think there is a pretty obvious explanation here that everyone is forgetting about. (or never knew)

I believe that this date (date and year) and not just year that Neil Peart was alluding to in
"2112". So there is really nothing at all to fear as this is simply the date that the elder race of man will return, to claim the home, where they belong. They are also home to tear the temples down (that might piss off smokestack) and they are home to change.

I'll bet my 47 Radio King to your whatever,that we'll still be posting here on 12/22/12,and there after.And that's a serious bet....any takers?I also predict that Sticks in one of his pseudonims,will be back,and with a still newer kit.....and be banned again.That guy's like the Chuck Norris of drum forums.:)

Steve B

All hail Lord Xenu!

Why, oh why does a Christian member decide to permeate this thread with his nonsense? I have no issue with people holding that view but I don't want to hear it. It's not like I go on and on about my hard Atheism at every possible juncture.

There was no disaster when the last calendar changed in the 17th Century. This 'Mayan Prophecy' is totally bull. I would use stronger language to describe it but the forum does not permit it.

I'll bet my 47 Radio King to your whatever,that we'll still be posting here on 12/22/12,and there after.And that's a serious bet....any takers?I also predict that Sticks in one of his pseudonims,will be back,and with a still newer kit.....and be banned again.That guy's like the Chuck Norris of drum forums.:)

Steve B

It's a pretty good bet. If you lose, you won't have to pay up.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.It's like having a two headed coin,and calling heads all the time.:)

Steve B

The mayans couldnt predict their own end so why are we supposed to believe they predicted ours?

All hail Lord Xenu!

Why, oh why does a Christian member decide to permeate this thread with his nonsense? I have no issue with people holding that view but I don't want to hear it. It's not like I go on and on about my hard Atheism at every possible juncture.

There was no disaster when the last calendar changed in the 17th Century. This 'Mayan Prophecy' is totally bull. I would use stronger language to describe it but the forum does not permit it.

I sir,...am with you,and agree this should be a forum of secular interests only.

The end is near......the end is near..........yeah and so's Christmas.:)

Steve B

The mayans couldnt predict their own end so why are we supposed to believe they predicted ours?

Yeah, it could be argued that their track record on the prophesy front is somewhat lacking.

Well, I don't know about the whole end-of-the-world thing, but it would certainly solve a lot of problems, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed ...

I haven't bothered to pay my mortgage this month mate, so I'm quietly confident.

If Christians are not allowed to post "nonsense", then Atheism and secularism is present by default. Besides, I don't really see anyone playing holier than thou on this forum.

I'm just hoping the Justin Bieber calendars aren't for sale as long as the Mayan ones were...

I think we all did die a little bit today when 20 kids were slaughtered in Newtown, CT.

All hail Lord Xenu!

Nonsense is saying you know for sure that which is unknowable.

If Christians are not allowed to post "nonsense", then Atheism and secularism is present by default. Besides, I don't really see anyone playing holier than thou on this forum.

I'm just hoping the Justin Bieber calendars aren't for sale as long as the Mayan ones were...

You mean:

We'll all die when the lord Jesus takes us.
Not when a false prophet says.
Praise him.

Isn't an inappropriate religious comment on a thread? This is a secular forum. It is written in the rules. I'm not going around telling people that there is no God, although that is my personal conviction. To do so is damned rude, arrogant and demeans the intelligence of the other people here.

Zephyr, in terms of 'nonsense' I didn't mean his Christian beliefs, I meant the arrogance to assume that his view precedes all others. I'll admit that my wording was not exactly choice.

Secularism and Atheism are different things. Secularism prevents religion from influencing the agenda or laws of the body in which it is used, Atheism denies the existence of a deity.

Back