Metronome with lights.

W

Woz.275

Does any one know of any metronomes with a good / faily large LED light on it.

Some people like the click and not the light.

I prefer the Large Led light, so that when playing drums and keeping time i can see the flashing LED to keep time as apose to strugling to hear the click over my drums and other instruments.

Do you know of any.

Tama RhythmWatch. It's loud too...

Although if you have trouble hearing your 'nome then you may want to look into hearing protection too... In addition to allowing you to hear other stuff, its good for like... you know, not going deaf :)

Edit: plus they make a separate attachment for it to allow you to mount it on a cymbal/hh stand so its right there in front of you.

Tama RhythmWatch. It's loud too...

Although if you have trouble hearing your 'nome then you may want to look into hearing protection too... In addition to allowing you to hear other stuff, its good for like... you know, not going deaf :)

Edit: plus they make a separate attachment for it to allow you to mount it on a cymbal/hh stand so its right there in front of you.

+1. I have the Rhythm Watch and mount and love it. It does everything I want and the LEDs are nice.

My bounce metronome pro can help here, it's especially designed to show the beat clearly even when you can't hear it.

Indeed you can use it as a completely silent metronome too, without the click.

"Rather like those used in karaoke machines, their rise and fall incorporates a ‘gravity bounce’ that feels like having your own conductor to help you keep in time. I found it reliable enough to abandon audio clicks altogether and use as a silent metronome, which also makes it useful for deaf musicians."
- from Martin Walker's Sound on Sound mini-review of Bounce Metronome

exciting-close-up4.png

Bounce Metronome for Deaf musicians

Another for the Tama Rhythm Watch!
Extremely useful, and versatile with multiple volume and beat functions.
Has an earphone jack, and can be programmed to capture any beat.

Has 2 sets of LED's, one RED (for the 1 beat) and the other green.
Very easy to mount in full sight, with the clamp accessory.

The BOSS DB 90 is much superior to the Tama IMHO. I used to own the first generation tama Rhythm Watch and the DB90 has way more features and is more user friendly IMHO.

if you can find a Yamaha Clickstation grab it - these are incredible.

Back