Davy Jones dead at 66

MaryO

Platinum Member
It's being reported that Davy Jones of the Monkees has died. No specifics as to cause of death yet. This makes me very sad. For a band that outsold The Beatles in 1967, they were probably never given the respect they deserved. To all of them and to the musicians that played with them, I send my condolences. I feel as if a part of my childhood is gone.

RIP Davy Jones.

For a bunch of "comedians", they made for a pretty good band.​

I saw his drummer twice in the last year at drum clinincs. Filipe Torres loved the gig and Davey's energy. Rest in peace.

Attachments

• DAVEY&PHILLIPE.jpg
    DAVEY&PHILLIPE.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 302
We toured with The Monkees in 1987, good times.

Now I'm a bereaver.

jondavy.jpg

I had a very unhappy childhood and Davy Jones and the Monkees are a bright spot in my memories along with Rowan and Martin's Laugh In and a few other shows like the Munsters and The Adams Family.
RIP Davy.

I was listening to local sports talk guys discussing Davy's passing and a caller was asking the hosts if they could guess who opened for The Monkees in Denver in 1968. The answer was really amazing.

Anyone want to guess? I'll come back later with the answer.

I may be way off base here but I want to say it was someone really crazy like Hendrix. I just remember hearing something like that.

I was listening to local sports talk guys discussing Davy's passing and a caller was asking the hosts if they could guess who opened for The Monkees in Denver in 1968. The answer was really amazing.

Anyone want to guess? I'll come back later with the answer.

Yep indeed. Jimi Hendrix.

You got it! I was a little young and I didn't live in the Denver area then but that would have been a show to see!

Very sad day, lots of great memories as a kid watching The Monkees.

Great picture Jon, thanks for posting.

I hear he was a great man.

Back