Demon Hunter

drummerchick435

Silver Member
Does anyone like the band Demon Hunter? I think they kick butt! I'd like to meet them one day.

Yes, they rock!

I love their sound and vocals. They definitely have a following.

I like their vocals too because you can actually understand them!

My favorite song is "Sixteen". The drum notation is ridiculous. I have my drum teacher helping me with it. It switches from 3/4 to 4/4 for the first four measures and then it's 4/4 from there. And that's only the beginning! We have yet to transcribe the entire thing!

I was really into Training For Utopia. I saw them when they were on tour with Spitfire. When Demon Hunter came out, I thought, "Oh, cool, another one of Ryan Clark's bands. This ought to be good." Something about their first album didn't really resonate with me, though. Not chaotic enough or something. They were good in concert, I remember. They tore the place up!

Listen to Storm The Gates Of Hell.

I have that entire album. It's so awesome. It scared me when I first listened to it. It was all quiet and then BOOM! in your face.

If you can't understand other band's vocals then maybe you aren't listening hard enough?

I think i've got one demon hunter song on my playlist. Never really listened to it but i'll make sure i do, just for you ;)

For me, it's difficult to process lyrics sometimes, especially with heavy/thrash metal. I can make out the drums well, but when it comes to lyrics it's a little harder. Drums are easiest for me because there is typically one sound for a snare, bass, toms, and cymbals. I know they can have a different texture, but in general drums and cymbals have the same basic tone. With vocals (especially with growling/screaming), it's harder. There are many different sounds with vocals. Heck, I sometimes have trouble figuring out what people are saying in conversation!

Meh they're alright, couldn't listen to a whole album though.

Yogi is a great metal drummer.

But i really like Jesse Sprinkle's drumming on their first 2 albums.

Jesse Sprinkle went on to play for Dead Poetic.

I used to really be into them, killer drummer and their vocals are pretty, I grew out of the style but they're still definitely a good band.

Back