What's your "day" job?

Re: Do YOU work?

I had a job interview today at Sainsburys supermarket, so wish me luck....

Then I can buy cymbals....

lol

I work at a home for mental and physical disabled people next to school. I always make sure I have one hour a day for drumming.

well im turning 15 this year and my High School has an office to get working papers so im going there and hopefully getting a job at a music store

Do I work? Heck, I have a family, a mortgage, etc. etc. You bet I work. I MOSTLY work.

I still find time to practice on a pad daily, on the kit several times a week, and with other musicians as needed (depends on the gig/project). A lot of the musicians I play with are veterans in a similar position to me; we can learn thirty new cover songs by listening to the recordings and then rehearsing for four or five hours to tighten it up, learn endings, etc. Working on originals takes a bit different approach...

But yeah, I work.

Im actualy a branch manager for a bank, and now im leaving that behind because im going back to school to go for my MBA.... Masters in business marketing. AND focus on my music career...

You live once, and dream everyday... Make your dreams reality before its too late!!!

Yeah, full time job.I fit in drumming after work.weekends I play shows.

I'm on Social Security Disability so I have all the time in the world for drums.

Woo :)

CD Store for me, used to work in a supermarket, and also used to work in an instrument store.

It's only part-time, so plenty of drumming for me!

i work....im a photo lab worker and a photographer also...hopefully when i get my degree ill just be a photographer.....

i squeeze in drums when i can....its horrible....

I work full time during the week and part time on Saturday's and I am married with no kids. I take lessons one night a week and since I pay for those lessons it would be a waste of money to not practice. I make sure I set at least an hour a day 4 to 5 times a week to practice. My wife is very supportive of this time as well....thank god. I don't take phone calls during that time either......that time is my time.

i work 40 hours a week.... in fact... im at work right now =O hahahaha

im a drafter for an architectural firm... I find time for drumming ussualy by watchin some vids and listenin to some grooves from drummerworld while at work and then going home and practice about 3-4 hours a day... i also have multiple band rehersals with 3 differnt groups... So monday 8-11, tusday is personal practice then wednesday 7-12 then thrusday lessons with Matt Scurfield.. the drummer that plays with Gary Hoey. ( btw i just started taking lessons, been playing for nine years but i feel like theres a time where you need to be able to learn new stuff and get a really good teacher to help you. ) and then fridays i get to peform, then practice at 8 to 10 am on saturday then play saturday nights and sunday nights... so basically im playing drums all week long. =)

I work full time and have plenty of time for drumming. In fact, it seems like ever since I started working full time I have more time for drumming due to the fact that I'm on a fixed schedule.

I work full time and I usually go home from work (pretty close by) over my lunch break and play for about 45 minutes and eat lunch at my desk. I am currently single, so I do have time to spare and I occasionally play during the evenings and weekends, but for some reason my lunch hour is when I have the best ideas.

Back