Thomas Lang

I'm from Miami, FL. I actually just got a bootlegged copy of the DVD anyway, although I could've lived without it. When I first saw it, I was impressed by some of the exercises but never saw the whole thing. It's not like I was ever dead set on getting it, and having seen it all, now I know I wouldn't have paid for it. He's not the only guy to teach limb independence, and I honestly have no masturbatory need too play fast bass drum and/or hihat patterns with my feet over EVERY SINGLE BEAT! And I watched his solo once and hated it with all my life.

If you look at the artists he has played with, they are mainly artists who use beats/drum machines. He's very creative at simulating samples (different hi-hat sounds etc.), but I still doesn't think he's one of the great groovinators, he doesn't make me wanna dance, but hey...that's only one person's opinion.

Re: Thomas Lang Dvd?

I love that dvd, but it is pretty difficult

Re: Thomas Lang Dvd?

Good evening to everybody,
i really think that this year we assisted to what in the future will be called "The Renassaince" of drumming.

Anybody of you as the Dvd of Bob Breithaupt "Snare Drum Basics" (1998) ??

Well i think that comparing (even with all my respect for mister Breithaupt) both,you really understand what it means evolution.

Ok,someone (Simon Philipps,magazine Percussion and drums,May of current year) sad it s impossible to reproduce the things that mister Lang makes not only in the Dvd but also in the clinics (guys,very nice the solo of Gen x tour,right ???) like Kopenaghen or Budapest in this year.

i think mister Lang perfectly combines the tradition (traditional grip,alternating groups of 16 with both hands) with the idea of "Power Drumming" expressed by Virgil Donati for the first time.

Of course i don t forget Marco Minneman and Johnny Rabb but is goes out fo the forum.

So for me (and i hope somebody will pay me :) ) is good to buy it.

mat

Re: homas Lang Roland V-drum vid

they sound sucky because in the beginning they sound how theyre supposed to for that m jackson song (which i swore at first that this was the intro to a concert or something cuz it was note perfect!) but he sure can drum ....

this here is actually proof of his groove! finally! i mean i knew it before, but this can help show everyone else....

aahznightsky said:
this here is actually proof of his groove! finally! i mean i knew it before, but this can help show everyone else....

Wow, he lays it down HARD it that vid! You're right about his groove Aah, it's solid and definetly "groovy'! Thomas Lang is a monster.

aahznightsky said:
they sound sucky because in the beginning they sound how theyre supposed to for that m jackson song (which i swore at first that this was the intro to a concert or something cuz it was note perfect!) but he sure can drum ....

He's amazing - much groovier than anything I've seen before from him. Very impressive. But no, those drums sound sucky all the way through. I hate electronics as an acoustic replacement. They're cool for simulating electronic grooves, but not for playing choppy live stuff.

i watched about the first 3 minutes of it.

you guys do realize that is the same song off of his dvd right?

finnhiggins said:
But no, those drums sound sucky all the way through. I hate electronics as an acoustic replacement. They're cool for simulating electronic grooves, but not for playing choppy live stuff.

Hahaha this is very true .... I said that after I watched like 4 minutes or something. The v drums are great for some things, but for choppy solos and things, nothing beats an acoustic set for sound n feel

7th october in Feedback Rotterdam there is a drum clinic by thomas lang

and IIIII gonna be there (just wanted te let yo know lol)

i'll let you boys and grils know how it was

arjen, rockzilla

thomas lang clinic !!!

hey there yester day i was at the thomas lang clinic in Feedack Rotterdam in holland

let my tell ya that guy is just amazing. what hey can do with his hand, he can play it with his feet!!!!. and fast en dynamic realy good and that Xray set sounde great

i was lucky to be there

rock on
arjen

Re: thomas lang clinic !!!

Theres one here in South Africa at the end of November.
I'm Really excited to be going. He's awsome

Re: thomas lang clinic !!!

i was there too in Rotterdam, and i can tell you if you have the dvd of him, creative control, then you will see basically the same things as shown on the dvd.... but its still fun to see him live !!!

c u

Here's some scary news for all you Extreme Drumming Fans. Right when you thought it was safe to enter the WFD look who gets a Drumometer........
ThomasLang.jpg

This is pretty dang scary!

TD

Last edited:
It's highly rumored along with today creating somewhat a buzz and guessing game about Thomas Lang becoming the Captain for the WFD-UK division. Have any of you guys heard about this? Boo is still on the road, but this photo is the WFD-USA's worse nightmare. If it's true that Thomas has joined the UK's division, they will slaughter!!!!
ThomasLang.jpg

This is no doubt WFD-USA's worse nightmare. I would love to know what WFD-USA Captain Mike Mangini has to say about his possible UK counterpart ???

This is shaping up to be a one heck of a showdown between the UK and USA. Any bets ???

TD

Last edited:
I agree, he is one of the most amazing drummers to ever live. My prediction is if 'TEAM WFD-UK' led by Thomas Lang shows up at the next WFD World Finals in Ca. in January, the WFD Championship Belt will be heading back across the 'Big Pond'.

What do you guys think?

TD

Back