Evans 360 heads sound difference

drummerseahawkboy81

Guys I'm gonna keep this short and sweet and hopefully I get some feedback and not just 45 views and no reply. Anyways I re- headed my Saturn kit back in April this yr with Ec2s on my 8,10,12,14,16 toms HD dry on my 13' snare & EC reverse on my 14 ' snare all of these heads Evans but not the 360. For whatever reason my local GC didn't have the 360s yet. I don't gig anymore therefore I dont change my heads that often anymore. As of now the heads are in great shape no pitting just stick marks. My question are the new 360s that much of a difference as far as sound for me to change these now especially my toms ?

Guys I'm gonna keep this short and sweet and hopefully I get some feedback and not just 45 views and no reply. Anyways I re- headed my Saturn kit back in April this yr with Ec2s on my 8,10,12,14,16 toms HD dry on my 13' snare & EC reverse on my 14 ' snare all of these heads Evans but not the 360. For whatever reason my local GC didn't have the 360s yet. I don't gig anymore therefore I dont change my heads that often anymore. As of now the heads are in great shape no pitting just stick marks. My question are the new 360s that much of a difference as far as sound for me to change these now especially my toms ?

I didn't notice any real difference in sound, just a small difference in tunability.

tunability and ease of fitment are the 360s virtues

F

same here. they do seem easier to tune.

maybe a slight difference in tone.. but I'm a HUGE fan

definitely different RE tuning. i had to come up w/ completely new tune-bot settings for my J1 360s vs. Remo Diplomats. my gut impression was great tone, lower lows, more singing highs. cons were more flap / growl at low tensions like floor toms.

You may infact have the 360's. I read somewhere from an evans rep that they actually started putting out the 360 heads in october of last year but not labeling them as such, as a way to allow retailers to cycle through their inventory. So they were the 360 heads, but in a regular box, and not printed on the head.

Not to just run out and buy a complete reheaded set, in order to go 360...I mean, the difference is mainly a quicker more even tuning in my experience, and a better fit as whats been said. Plus they do sing and resonate a bit more to my ears. Though the basic sone will be the same and its not like your old G2's will sound different than new ones. But when you do wear out your heads, the new 360s will tune up quick, hold a tuning and definately sing a bit more in some cases. Evans makes great heads and they rock.

Not to just run out and buy a complete reheaded set, in order to go 360...I mean, the difference is mainly a quicker more even tuning in my experience, and a better fit as whats been said. Plus they do sing and resonate a bit more to my ears. Though the basic sone will be the same and its not like your old G2's will sound different than new ones. But when you do wear out your heads, the new 360s will tune up quick, hold a tuning and definately sing a bit more in some cases. Evans makes great heads and they rock.

Great explanation! Thanks so much.

Cheers!

Back