What're you doing for Thanksgiving?

Gimme flavor!!!!!

Give it a try, Harry..

1) rub the bird with vegge oil ( the usual )
2) get some Tandoori masala from you local desi store
3) mix with either yogurt or lemon juice, ( depending on your taste ) and apply.
4) marinade for 24 hours
5) roast, basting with butter
6) stuff with whatever you want but be sure to use rice as well.
7) Mint Chutney, and Cranberry Sauce will complete the story.

You will thank me, bud.

This sounds so amazing. I think I am going to have the normal Thanksgiving dinner. We are hosting it at my place this year because I bought some new furniture and everybody is excited to see it. It took me awhile to get everything right, but I am really excited about the outcome and I am looking forward to showing it all off! But maybe I can suggest making this rather than the "traditional" turkey we normally eat?

Last edited:
Good times planned for Thanksgiving. Driving to South Dakota to see the in-laws and do some hunting. Hope everyone here has a good one!

I'm going home to Cleveland to have some turkey and give thanks with the family. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

For some reason my British wife has really taken to the whole Thanksgiving thing. Myself, I don't give a damn about it. But she does the turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and, to my great astonishment, she once even brought home some really cheesy pilgrim salt and pepper shakers and a gravy server thing that looks like a turkey. The gravy pours out the the turkey's beak. We only use those once a year.

She thinks it a real hoot, very kitsch and all, but I just think it's weird.

Sounds like a keeper to me.

I totally get it.

I'm a bigtime Holiday Nerd (you can probably tell from all my Avatars).

Just wait for December. Its gonna get way out of hand!.

Oddly enough, ever since I've been working for Disney, I've never had the Holidays off. I'm always at work since we're a big vacation destination. It's been this way for the last 20 years.

Oddly enough, ever since I've been working for Disney, I've never had the Holidays off. I'm always at work since we're a big vacation destination. It's been this way for the last 20 years.

That sounds like a very sad way to spend the holidays, Bo.

I'm sorry you have to work.

That sounds like a very sad way to spend the holidays, Bo.

I'm sorry you have to work.

Why? For decades I worked on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, whatever, that's how it goes. Holidays came and went without notice. There's nothing the least bit sad about working.

I'm sorry for the musicians who aren't working.

holidays usually pay the most money, especially new years eve.

I'm gonna start thanksgiving this year here in Germany with my wife and some of our close friends. We're going to define it as a celebration of our friendship over food, and do it like a classic American-style TG [turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, etc]. I'm looking forward to it, and so are they.

Back