The Manliest fight ever.

Hey mate! What's with the nancy shorts?

runrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrun ....

Don't run too fast! Half the fun of this is kiting him just out of reach whilst you ask how many dudes got mustache rides last night!

Well, I watched it but I just don't understand why.............. why does someone say "I want to do that"

I think it would be fun. Your scared to death before. You hurt like crazy the day after the fight, but while you do it is fun. You do see a lot of fighters retire and come out of retirement a lot. After a bad beating, its just hard to not question why you are there. I enjoy that type of thing. I wouldn't try to fight professionally, but just for recreation- sure.

Go on, you're amongst friends here. You can admit it.........you just secretly wanna wear those shorts, yeah?

:) ...

I am actually looking into starting training in mma. I'm not really interested in going into fighting, but get in shape, have fun and learn a skill to better myself.

When I was in college, my school did not have an (American) football team, so I played Rugby for a while. It was complete insanity. After one particular game, our team suffered two broken arms and a broken leg. I said to myself "I'm not paying all this money for schooling to get maimed", and decided to go back and play intermural basketball and volleyball instead.

No fun in that. If there is no danger, there is no excitement. I only have one life to live, why not take some risks?

Never understood the "no danger, no excitement" sentiment. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been excited by a lot of things that weren't dangerous.

I only take risks if there is some chance of a meaningful, rewarding outcome. I understand we're all gonna die, but that's no reason for me to play in traffic, either.

To each their own. I think it's just a matter of personality.

Never understood the "no danger, no excitement" sentiment. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been excited by a lot of things that weren't dangerous.

I only take risks if there is some chance of a meaningful, rewarding outcome. I understand we're all gonna die, but that's no reason for me to play in traffic, either.

To each their own. I think it's just a matter of personality.

Have you ever watched those dumbest video shows? I am amazed at how people (usually younger ones) do the stupidest things that result in almost 100% chance of bodily injury. Especially the idiots that do stunts on skates and skateboards. Hopefully, because of all the hits to the family jewels, they won't be able to reproduce. LOL

Have you ever watched those dumbest video shows? I am amazed at how people (usually younger ones) do the stupidest things that result in almost 100% chance of bodily injury. Especially the idiots that do stunts on skates and skateboards. Hopefully, because of all the hits to the family jewels, they won't be able to reproduce. LOL

I'm not advocating doing things that crazy, but there have been no deaths in the ufc, the main mma league. Recently someone died in an amateur mma fight, but it was the result of no saftey measures and inadequate medical personnel and training. Fighting is not all that dangerous when it has rules, proper preparation and good officiating.

Some things are stupid. I won't do many life threatening things, and when I do, I am extremely careful. There is a difference between taking risks and being stupid. If you are going to do something that will endanger your life, you need to take every precaution to keep safe and not get hurt. Some get cocky, and die. I heard about an incredible rock climber who would free climb without ropes up insane cliffs by himself, but now he is dead because he was "too good to mess up".

I can definitely see the appeal of doing stunts on skateboards. I have plenty of friends that used to BMX and skateboard. I think you're being more than a little unfair there.

I'm not referring to your common skateboarder at a skateboard park, or sanctioned sporting events like the X Games. I'm talking about the people that jump off roofs, and do absurd jumps and such, most of the time with no helmets or any other protection. It's the Jackass Movie crowd.

The emergency rooms have to be littered with these "stuntmen" that have broken their limbs and cracked their skulls. It's just plain idiotic, and certainly will cause them health or quality of life issues later in life.

dunno about it being manly...

...I think working a poorly paying job that leaves your health intact so you can attend the ones you love is less glamerous...but more manly.

Interesting how we see the world!

No fun in that. If there is no danger, there is no excitement. I only have one life to live, why not take some risks?

I worked in a job for over twenty years, where risk is something we did every day.No need to do the same off duty.I can stand a little less exciement and a little less danger during my lesure time thanks.

Steve B

Back