Updating my Yamaha DTXplorer

Lankkii

Hello, before I start about i'd like to share some backgroud story about me and my "drumming". About 6 years ago I got Yamaha dtxplorer set from my brother because he didn't need it anymore. In these six years I have played them like 1 hour per week. I wasn't interested about them, just played when I felt like it . But in these recent 3 months I have got REALLY interested about starting playing drums more serious. I know basics and know how to play, I just wasn't never really passionated about playing drums but now I have this "I must need to go home and try to play this thing, and I want to improve". Last week I went to local music shop just to see have electronic drum changed much in these six years, I played many of those new sets and find out that they felt much better to play.
So to the real problem: I want to upgrade my yamaha set, to make it more better to play, I don't have thousands to spend on them but what I would like to improve:

-Get more cymbals, like 2 crashes and ride, now i have just 2 cymbal spots in my module.
So seems like I need to buy new module, what you recommend guys?
-New snare, I have looked this one what you think about this?
-Also double pedal, this one

I know all of these are the cheapest ones, but I don't have so much money to put on drums at this moment. So tell me your opinions about what I should by and why.

English is not my native language so hopefully you understand what I mean. Thanks everyone!:)

If you can afford to, sell it and replace it outright with a newer Yamaha kit. There is never good value for money in upgrades and the resale value does not usually go up when you alter the default configuration, no matter how much you spend.

If you can afford to, sell it and replace it outright with a newer Yamaha kit. There is never good value for money in upgrades and the resale value does not usually go up when you alter the default configuration, no matter how much you spend.

I agree. Upgrades as "updates" rarely make sense. This seems to be the case in almost all consumer goods that come in 'packages'. If you have a kit you love, but you wish it just had one more cymbal, then buying another cymbal makes sense. However, if you think your whole kit is dated, then you should think about a new one (or newer one, buying used, but newer than what you have might be an option). Updating part by part will cost a fortune, and you'll still have some old pieces, which will be a liability (how are you going to feel if you spend $800 on all new pads and a module, and then your old rack breaks?). Mind you, I am not saying you need a new kit. Only you can know that. You might want to play what you've got while you save up for a new kit later.

Also, your English is excellent. Most of us native speakers make more mistakes just from laziness.

Back