Craigslist/eBay Deals! Let's bring it back!

Picked up these Tama Stagestars - hardware and cymbals included for 200 bucks. Looking forward to expanding the kit, just the right size for my bedroom.

Fishnmusicn

Attachments

• tama2.jpg
    tama2.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 2,124
  • tama1.jpg
    tama1.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 2,141
I could kick myself for this one, but about a month before I bought the Stagestars, there was a set of Fibes on Craigslist complete setup for $400. I had it all set up to buy, and then my money situation fell through. I had a set of Fibes back in the 90's with a 24" bass drum, the set I never should have sold. I saved the pics of the Fibes I had to pass on recently.

Fishnmusicn

Attachments

• fibes 3.jpg
    fibes 3.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 2,116
  • fibes 1.jpg
    fibes 1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 2,123
  • fibes 4.jpg
    fibes 4.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 2,126
I got my 5 piece Gretsch Renowns for $600. 22x18 kick, and 4 toms with all the mounting hardware. Also got a Gretsch free floating maple snare thrown in. I thought it was a good deal.

just bought

AAX stage:
14" hats
16" crash
20" ride

for £187 altogether

sold the ride to a mate for £62 (cos im nice :D and i already have a nice one)

so £125 for hats + crash = nb imo :D

considering i could sell the hats fior £120 to my local drum shop :p

I think I still win:

GMS 4 piece maple shell pack (DW rim mounts), Pearl Eliminator pedal, Tama Iron Cobra Double Pedal, Iron Cobra Hi Hat Stand, Pearl Icon Rack, DW tom stand, Paiste Sound Formula Power Ride, K Custom 18" Crash, B8 Hats, B8 crash, Sabian 19" HH Manhattan, older Zildjian (cracked), heavy duty Gibraltar throne, stick bag, cymbal bag, LP Ice Bell, a crotale, a handful of cymbal stands, a new snare stand... All for $750. After I sold the stuff I didn't need or already had better versions of, I ended up bringing the price down to $250 for shells and hardware. I had to spend 11 hours on the road to get it, but it was worth it.

On another occasion, I picked up a DW 5000 pedal with double spring for $70. Same guy sold me a nice Humes & Burg snare case for $30.

I'm trying to talk my church into taking advantage of a 5 piece PDP maple shell pack in natural finish for only $300.

I think the kit I picked up last week deserves a place in here somewhere:

Pearl Export in amber fade
Some sort of mean sounding Tama maple snare, 10 lugs and 8in deep!
Full set of Pearl bags

Pearl DR80 rack, w/6 clamps & 5 booms
P120 p pedal
Almost new Eliminator remote hihat
Gibraltar throne
Little bits - tambourine and attachment, 2 stick bags full of sticks, beaters, brushes, rods...
Hardware bag

Zildjian cymbals:
Z custom 14in mastersound hats
A custom Projection crashes, 17in & 19in
Z custom ride
Z custom 12in splash
Decent cymbal bag

Skytec drum mic set in flight case
Mic clips and stands
Full set of XLR leads

For a grand total of... £500

Got it from a friend of a friend of a friend, the guy isn't playing anymore for medical reasons so everything needed to go. I knew it had all been looked after properly and not abused, most of it was pretty new so I jumped at it, feel bad for the guy so I didn't try to knock the price down (not that £500 wasnt cheap anyway) and just gave him what he asked for.

(shameless plug - some of the bits are up in the classifieds, also some of my old cymbals. Sorry!)

You got yourself a hell of a deal there Curtis you lucky so n so

Thanks! I know, one of those right place right time things that hardly ever come up (for me anyway). I'll be gigging it on Saturday, i'll try to remember to get some pics...

luds_cmplt.jpg

1965 Ludwig kit (unfortunately someone installed rogers mounts) 13", 16", 20" $100
and the 1966 COB Ludwig Supra for $180

This was a couple months back and I couldn't believe they were selling the kit so cheap!

Here's a before, as a friend picked it up for me out of town. The kit was missing bottom hoops on the toms and was very dirty.

DSC00435.JPG

Peace!

I scored a 20" floor tom and a 6" single-headed tom for my 80's Tama Superstar kit in the last month or so.

Now I have 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 (x2 different depths), 16f, 18f, 20f w/ 22 BD and 8x14 snare. And two single-headed toms (6 & 8 inch) that don't match, they're natural finish.

So a 12 piece matching kit. All in pretty good to near-perfect shape.

Now all I want is the matching 8" single-headed tom and 5x14 and 6.5x14 snares. And maybe 20" and 24" bass drums.

I never see good stuff on local Craigslist. Oh well.

Well i thought i would alert you to this as it is indeed a magnificent find UK i'm afraid though! I wouldn;t say that it is cheap by any means but for what it is i would say it definately deserves to be here!

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/msg/1384907257.html

Attachments

• timber 3o13pa3l35Qe5T55R199l4e6f0c5d774b1505.jpg
    timber 3o13pa3l35Qe5T55R199l4e6f0c5d774b1505.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,928
I think my PDP CX Maple Jazz/Fusion in Black Onyx with an extra 6x14 PDP green Acrylic Trucker girl snare and 17" woohan (Sp?) china with hardware for 235$ deserves a spot on here, drove for 3 hours to pick it up but turned out to be a great kit to leave at the studio.

PDP1.jpg

PDP2.jpg

my deals in the last three weeks i have scored Iron cobra double pedals for 140,
a yamaha brass 7x14 snare drum for 180, and set a zildjian new beats for 120. Long live buying used, and jobs.

Back