Got my double pedal converted to lefty!!

WTF, over? Why do you have a righty and a lefty double pedal set up? I get that your kicks have different heads, and they sound different, and actually they look to be different sizes too, but once you start playing both feet no one will be able to tell any difference what so ever. Why not just use one pedal on each kick, or pick one to use the double on and keep a single on the other? At least that would put all of your pedals equidistant from your center.

WTF, over? Why do you have a righty and a lefty double pedal set up? I get that your kicks have different heads, and they sound different, and actually they look to be different sizes too, but once you start playing both feet no one will be able to tell any difference what so ever. Why not just use one pedal on each kick, or pick one to use the double on and keep a single on the other? At least that would put all of your pedals equidistant from your center.

I was about to ask the same thing. I think soulfly28 is using the tonal differences between the two bass drums to have an enhanced sonic palette to choose from when he's playing. Still looks ridonkulous to me :)

When I am recording and want big boomy bass, I go to the 22. I primarily use the 20 inch because of the punch. Another reason is, well, WHY NOT!!!! :)

It looks kind of awkward - especially the 2nd picture. And the angles on the ends of those right side drive shafts look pretty sharp.
But hey - if t works for you, that's good, right?

There has to be a way to do this with less clutter. I get the idea, but having your pedals all skewed and in different positions in relation to your center is only going to hinder you in the long run. Your pedals really should all be equidistant for maximum efficiency.

Are we talking about my hi hat pedal in the bottom picture? I am waiting on my remote hi hat to get here. The bottom pic is what it was like. Single pedal on the 22, which is located on the left of the picture. Believe it or not, the shafts move very easily. Kinda surprising. I should mention that the all silver pedal is not being used at all. Just set it there to get it out of the way.

Ps: Had to look up this word: equidistan :(

Really, two bass drums and 4 beaters? 2 single pedals regardless of the boom or sound. That's like two steering wheels in one car.

I had thought about doing that in the past. I gave up. I just went to a traditional double bass setup.

I'm glad to see it is possible.

Really, two bass drums and 4 beaters? 2 single pedals regardless of the boom or sound. That's like two steering wheels in one car.

Not when its 2 different sized drums, i wouldn't think so. that would be like 1 steering wheel, 2 cars. The way I play and record, I am either using the 20 or the 22" bass. Not both during the same recording. All depends on what they are wanting.

Are we talking about my hi hat pedal in the bottom picture? I am waiting on my remote hi hat to get here. The bottom pic is what it was like. Single pedal on the 22, which is located on the left of the picture. Believe it or not, the shafts move very easily. Kinda surprising. I should mention that the all silver pedal is not being used at all. Just set it there to get it out of the way.

Ps: Had to look up this word: equidistan :(

No not the hi hat. This is what I mean: Draw a circle. You sit at the center point. Any point on the circumference of the circle is exactly the same distance from the center. This is where your pedals should be located. This way your legs are doing the exact same thing regardless of what pedal you have your foot on. One foot is never closer to the center than the other.

If you have one foot closer and one foot farther, your muscles are working differently. You want them to work the same no matter the pedal.

I commend your ingenuity, I have never seen anyone do this. But looking at the limitations of placement due to the crossing drive shafts, I can see why. Have you checked out the Duallist pedals?

No, I didn't. I already had the unknown brand one. Bought the Gibraltar one for 40 bucks. I keep having these pesky bills get in the way of buying what I want :( When I had the single double bass pedal it was angled about the same . I have grown accustom to it.

Back