The NEW Batman is.....drum roll

tamadrm

Platinum Member
I just read this this morning,Ben Affleck will play the Dark Knight in the upcoming Justice League movie with Superman in 2015

There are some who like his work in front of the camera,but to me.....Holy miscasting

I personally loved the trilogy with Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

I don't see Affleck even coming close to Bales intensity...or Batman voice.....

Steve B

Surely you missed the masterpiece that is Daredevil.

I was ,unforuneatey exposed to it,which is why,I just can't see Afflack as the caped crusader.Mostly everything that makes a good superhero movie was ignored,in that rag.

The internet seem to agree with me,as thousands are chatting this up in the negative concerning this complete miscasting of a part.

I'm a fan of both Val Kilmer and Geroge Clooney,but they were just terrible as Batman.

Let the search go on.

Steve B

I might catch some heat but there is no one that has played a good batman. A few of the guys did good Bruce Waynes but no one has done a good batman and Ben aflack is not about to start.
I've always believed that the role of batman and Bruce should be cast separately. All the two actors have to have in common is height and basic build. And chin. Just my ten cence. Although remember when word came out that ledger was playing joker and everyone was like "no way he's gonna suck" but he blew our minds, still has nothing on jack though, well I'm praying it's the same way with aflack.

I might catch some heat but there is no one that has played a good batman. A few of the guys did good Bruce Waynes but no one has done a good batman and Ben aflack is not about to start.
I've always believed that the role of batman and Bruce should be cast separately. All the two actors have to have in common is height and basic build. And chin. Just my ten cence. Although remember when word came out that ledger was playing joker and everyone was like "no way he's gonna suck" but he blew our minds, still has nothing on jack though, well I'm praying it's the same way with aflack.

I thought Michael Keaton did a great job as Batman, and Bruce for that matter.

And may I be the first to say that Affleck couldn't do any *worse* than Bale?

Somebody had to say it.

What was with the stoopid I've-just-swallowed-a-handful-of-hot-gravel Bat-voice?

James, I enjoy Christopher Bale's work ever since seeing the scope he brought to the lead villain role in American Psycho. Batman talks in a funny voice because he's damaged goods ... Gaga without the Lady ...

Ben A is like Sam Worthington and Eddie Murphy - their presence has no gravitas. Might as well hire Brendan Fraser if you're not going to go for depth (probably scared off real intensity by Heath's passing).

Although remember when word came out that ledger was playing joker and everyone was like "no way he's gonna suck" but he blew our minds, still has nothing on jack though, well I'm praying it's the same way with aflack.

And here's what the interweb had to say about Mr Ledger playing the Joker when it was first announced (need some wine to wash those words down with)?
http://cheezburger.com/7756374528

I just read this this morning,Ben Affleck will play the Dark Knight in the upcoming Justice League movie with Superman in 2015

There are some who like his work in front of the camera,but to me.....Holy miscasting

I personally loved the trilogy with Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

I don't see Affleck even coming close to Bales intensity...or Batman voice.....

Steve B

Well... Val Kilmer, Michael Keaton, Christian Bale or Ben Affleck, none of them can impersonate, behave and act like me, perhaps it's time I do a biography film about my life... at least it will be the real thing :)

And may I be the first to say that Affleck couldn't do any *worse* than Bale?

Somebody had to say it.

What was with the stoopid I've-just-swallowed-a-handful-of-hot-gravel Bat-voice?

When watching all three Dark Knight movies,one of the character points was ,be something larger than just a man,and wear a disguise to protect thoase that matter to you.

Part of the mask/cowl/disguise,was the voice.How could he function as both Batman and Bruce Wayne,around people that know either one,without disguising his voice also?

One of the big downfalls of the Superman/Clark Kent "disguise"...eyeglasses...really?

Not so "stoopid",Bale is a gifted actor who elaborated on Keatons concept,of altering his voice while he was in his Batman persona........you should watch the first "Batman" from 1980.

As far as his performance as Bruce Wayne/Batman,he did an amazing job of,bringing to life,the duality and conflict of a very dark story.

So I must completly disagree with you assessment of Bales performance.I feel he was the best so far to don the cowl and cape.

Well... Val Kilmer, Michael Keaton, Christian Bale or Ben Affleck, none of them can impersonate, behave and act like me, perhaps it's time I do a biography film about my life... at least it will be the real thing :)

Coming to a theater near you.................summer 2015.............the Dark Knight returns,............Henri is....................BATMAN.....the caped drummer.:)

Steve B

Last edited by a moderator:
James, I enjoy Christopher Bale's work ever since seeing the scope he brought to the lead villain role in American Psycho. Batman talks in a funny voice because he's damaged goods ... Gaga without the Lady ...

Ben A is like Sam Worthington and Eddie Murphy - their presence has no gravitas. Might as well hire Brendan Fraser if you're not going to go for depth (probably scared off real intensity by Heath's passing).

+1000 Grea.Bale brought an intensity to the role,of a conflicted soul,damaged and traumatized from childhood,and motivated to do what ordinary men can't do,when bound by a corrupt and all to inept system of justice.

Most tend to forget that , tragety befell the Bruce Wayne character as a boy.

Damaged goods indeed

Ben Afflacks presence, or more accurately,the lack of it,is about as exciting,as a piece of white bread and a glass of milk..

Steve B

Hey it could have been worse. Could have been Johnny Depp. Wonder how Robert Downey Jr would do as Batman..... Oh I'm just kidding.

Loved the interpretation as presented in The Dark Knight movies. Thought Bale was the best Batman since Adam West!!

As for Val? He may have undersold Batman.......but has there ever been a better Doc Holiday? Now there's a role he completely owned.

Loved the interpretation as presented in The Dark Knight movies. Thought Bale was the best Batman since Adam West!!

As for Val? He may have undersold Batman.......but has there ever been a better Doc Holiday? Now there's a role he completely owned.

I loved Adam West. One of my favorite TV shows as a kid.

Just when I started taking Batman seriously, Bale bounces.

Not looking forward to The Dahk Night.

I loved Adam West. One of my favorite TV shows as a kid.

It had everything didn't it?.........including Julie Newmar!! Mmmmmm Julie Newmar.

Which in turn reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer. Mmmmmm Michelle Pfeiffer. Has god ever created a more perfect speciman of beauty? And if he has, he sure as hell didn't put her in latex.

Maybe it's me being illiterate but is the part in quotations directed towards me? If so why? :)
Time for yet another internet misunderstanding I guess : )
Nope, comment was directed towards the people who made those comments "back in the day" (hindsight is always 20/20 I guess)!

I liked Keaton as Batman too. I couldn't stand either Clooney or Kilmer in the role, but that could be because of the director (Joel Schumacher), who tried to make the movies as kitschy and glitzy as possible.

Bale wasn't too bad and I thought the just concluded trilogy was not too shabby, with the one with the Joker standing out the most.

Kind of odd the Joker wasn't one of the criminals freed by Bane in part 3. Think he got the chair?

Back