Can everyone please explain the meanings of your avatar?

You know what I really want to know...?

What the meaning of gruntersdad's avatars mean. Does he just pick like a new girl every week. His avatars are famous.

Right you are....... also a silent observer of the world : )..

He did speak occasionally though, with intermittent blasts of a muted and minimalistic trumpet.

I remember an interview he did with Ed Bradley on 60 minutes. He talked frankly about his preference for working with black drummers. He described the difference. He gave an example of the beat exactly on time (his perception of white drummers), and time in the pocket (his perception of the way black drummers play).

Photo I took of myself with my MacBook. Was I totally wasted? I'm not telling.
I'm waving and saying, "How ya doin?"

I remember an interview he did with Ed Bradley on 60 minutes. He talked frankly about his preference for working with black drummers. He described the difference. He gave an example of the beat exactly on time (his perception of white drummers), and time in the pocket (his perception of the way black drummers play).

Yeah, he was pretty quirky, and did see himself as a custodian of the Black music heritage/legacy with a responsibility to it.

A great story told by Wayne Shorter is about how Miles called him when he heard Wayne was hooking up with Joe Zawinul to form Weather Report, and said to him, in that classic hoarse whisper ". Dont you go give it away now. Dont give em everything"

well mine is an awesome pic of me.... im not saying im awesome, im just saying there are very few good pics of me.....lol

anybody else wonder why gruntersdad isnt on this thread yet? lol

-Jonathan

Me, a bad hair day and some Photo Booth fun. In retrospect, my hairdo combined with the outline of a doorway makes it look like a character from Final Fantasy...

My favorite china cymbal...a paiste 2oo2 nova china

HaHa! Finally I have some answers to questions I ve wondered!

I guess I just lost a little bit of my curiosity though...: (

As for now mine is quite boring, a little guy named Brendan Small: lover of cinematography, and the genius behind shows like Home Movies and Metalocalypse, and some others that I cant seem to remember....

But G.D.'s are probably the most interesting 8------> ~o ~o O=)

mines just a picture of the TAMA warlord snare lifted straight off their website which was originally my desktop but i can't use it for that now because i now have a widescreen monitor.

i really should just get it changed.

Well i think guntersdad's avatars may be linked to the writing i saw in his signiature which was something about supporting local cheerleaders.

Mine is the Crimson King. The Schizoid Man would be more obvious choice, but I dig this one more.

Mine is the great Will Ferrell in the classic 'More Cowbell' image!

Poststructuralist philosopher Michel Foucault, someone whose work has had a huge impact on my life and work.

spleen

Fantastic! I'm currently writing my final university degree on Foucault and the 'docile body' thoery

Yours

Adam

Last edited:
Back