Show Off Your DW Kit

heres the kit i would love to own

Attachments

• img10.jpg
    img10.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 3,846
Here's my collector's series. First pic was taken on my mobile phone whilst setting it up for the first time..ohhh yess

img04622.jpg
dsc02254nx.jpg
dsc02238i.jpg
dsc02208ku.jpg

Very nice, are those vlt shells? I have that kit, in those sizes too. They sound perfect!

Beautiful! Congrats!

Love the time machine snare, but don't like all those threads. I would like to see two separate lugs top and bottom. They could use the new smaller DW lugs.

Here are my present kits:

Prototype Stave shell OAK kit
IMG_0654.jpg

Collector SSC kit in Black Ice
IMG_8540.jpg

PDP platinum in Red Glass
IMG_8406.jpg

Camco Oaklawn (I know, not a DW, but they have the same lugs...!)
vend70945_630x630.jpg

I also have a Ludwig Vistalite Jellybean kit, a Pearl MLX, and a 2Box drumit5 electronic kit.

Very good! It's totally unique, it dosen't sound like anything like my other deedubs, but still they have a great sound.

I'm currently collecting dealer quotes for a DW kit!

I've been drooling over DW for at least ten years, and I'm finally in a position where I can buy one. I've played a few DW kits live (house kits or kits owned by other bands I've shared the stage with), and they've always left me wanting one.

This is what I'm collecting quotes for:

Vital statistics:
- 10x8 VLT tom
- 12x9 VLT tom
- 16x14 X floor tom
- 18x22 X kick

Finish: Twisted White Silk
Hardware: Black Nickel

Snare:
- 14x6 10+6 Collectors snare in Black Ice with Chrome hardware
I'm keeping the snare in black/chrome since I tend to bring my own snare when I play house kits, and a black snare will go with any colour kit.

Thoughts? I'm very excited right about now :)

Pics generated by DW's kitbuilder:
Kit_Front.png

Kit_Back.png

Kit_Overhead.png

(Pedals and cymbals for illustration only)

Last edited:
Nice finish and hardware combination! Looks really classy and could fit in to many different situations.

You can get your snare in VLT or X-Shell for no extra cost as well. I have a 14x7 X and love it. Super deep pitch and big tuning range. Crank her up and she still has heaps of body, and tuned down low it's super fat.

Just a though.

I agree with the above. I would go with a VLT or X-shell on the snare. I had a 10&6 for a long time and in the last year traded that in and ended up with two VLTs; a 14x6.5 and a 14x4.5. Both are awesome and blow away my old 10&6.

I hadn't even thought about the fact that snares too are available in VLT/VLX/X. I will definitely take that into consideration :)

What I would really love is an Edge, but I can't afford one of those as well as a new kit, so that will have to remain on my wishlist for a while longer.

Currently being built at DW : Collectors Series VLT Maple/Mahogany shells, no re-rings. 14x22, 9x12, 16x16 in Black Ice Finish Ply. Should be here late October

Very very nice!!! Congrats! What R the sizes? I guess 24, 12, 14, 16...

Back