• IMG_0437.JPG
    IMG_0437.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 3,061
  • IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0427.JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 3,009
Minus all my effects cymbals:

2012-10-21112743.png

Is this cheating? I found some longer floor tom legs and made all my drums the same height:

Last edited:
Some really nice looking sets in here. Here is my set I am using to get back into drumming! Obvious need for more cymbals!

Attachments

• drums pov.jpg
    drums pov.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 2,922
Are you extremely tall? Long legs? Do you stand up when you play?

How the hell do you play?!

I'm average height, maybe just a hair on the short side. That's a 20" bass drum.

The highest point of the farthest edge away from me, of the mounted toms is 34" from the floor.
They're angled back just slightly. The lowest edge of the snare and floor tom rims are 32" from the floor.

It works for me.
I put the standard legs back on the floor tom, and dropped the snare back down a bit though. I was having a little trouble getting my left arm under my right, when moving to the floor tom without the drop in height.

Last edited:
I never get any really good pictures from behind. This was from Saturday nights Halloween Gig.

Attachments

• driverseat1.png
    driverseat1.png
    449.8 KB · Views: 2,853
Someone else with a "typewriter" rack tom setup! Awesome!

I'd like to have my toms set up like that. But if you're right handed, the angle between your right arm on the hats, and the angle of the bass drum pedal looks pretty severe.
Like you'd be twisted up a bit.
Maybe it's not as awkward as it looks, when you're actually playing it though.

I'd like to have my toms set up like that. But if you're right handed, the angle between your right arm on the hats, and the angle of the bass drum pedal looks pretty severe.
Like you'd be twisted up a bit.
Maybe it's not as awkward as it looks, when you're actually playing it though.

It's not bad at all, at least for me. I'm kinda long though (6'0"). I end up facing right between the first and second tom, so I'm not all twisted up. It doesn't bother me that I'm not facing perfectly forward.

If you're used to having your hats really tight to your snare, then yeah it would take a little getting used to.

33pc3lj.jpg

2lufb6.jpg

This is a POV shot of my new (hence stock heads) Mapex Meridian Birch in Champagne Sparkle. The snare's my old Mapex Blade Snare.

hope to have some better pics up soon as this doesn't do the finish much jusitce...and just haven't had time!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    373.3 KB · Views: 2,887
This is a POV shot of my new (hence stock heads) Mapex Meridian Birch in Champagne Sparkle. The snare's my old Mapex Blade Snare.

hope to have some better pics up soon as this doesn't do the finish much jusitce...and just haven't had time!

Nice kit! Like that Champagne Sparkle finish!

Back