Show us your Four Piece Kits.

My Masters Kit

2011-03-12033437.jpg

Sonor Delite, 2006, Birdseye Cherry finish. 22x18 kick (virgin), 13x11 tom, 18x16 floor tom, 14x5.5 snare.

And it's for sale too (no snare)!

Delite_3pc_1.jpg

Delite_3pc_2.jpg

Delite_3pc_4.jpg

Delite_3pc_3.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I had posted here before, I guess not. I sold off my 4pcs bop kit and my 4pcs Tama 80's Superstars and all I have left are my Yamies...

Yamaha Oak Custom 20,14,12 & 6.5X14 BCA

Attachments

• IMG_1980.jpeg
    IMG_1980.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 4,597
I agree! 4-piece kits are magical.

I just can't go back to a three-tom, 5-piece kit anymore. whenever I try, I just can't shake the feeling that I have one tom too many, and end up only using the high rack tom and the floor tom.

I don't know... there's something about a 4-piece that just feels right to me. and for some reason, having more cymbals than drums also feels right to me... besides the standard hi-hats, crash, and ride, I also use a splash and a chinese. (my kit is like Tom Sawyer's kit, but with the splash on the hi-hat side instead of by the ride)

P.S. I'll post pics of my kit in this thread when I get my new cymbals after the holidays.

Amen Brother! I am nearing middle-age and when I was in my teens I could dream of nothing more than a kit with 8 racks and two BD's. Now I am convinced not only that 4 piece kits just look the coolest, so sleek and to the point but also that the best, most talented drummers i.e., the most creative can do as much with four drums as well as with twenty. 4 Piece kits RULE!

I tried the 6pc; 2 up 2 down with my kit and I agree.. 4 is best!

my son's Sonor Safari kit. just picked it up for him yesterday. no hi hat stand yet, hes turning 3 in june! hes having a lot of fun with the drums. going to bring his kit downstairs tomorrow side by side with my kit. we gonna jam. i will post vids!

tristsonor1.jpg

tristsonor6.jpg

tristsonor5.jpg

my son's Sonor Safari kit. just picked it up for him yesterday. no hi hat stand yet, hes turning 3 in june! hes having a lot of fun with the drums. going to bring his kit downstairs tomorrow side by side with my kit. we gonna jam. i will post vids!

tristsonor1.jpg

tristsonor6.jpg

tristsonor5.jpg

Another one joining the ever growing Sonor family...What kind of kit do you have Fran?

Since the last post was of the exact same 4-piece kit I have, here's one from a few years ago when I had this zebra finish DW kit.....

Attachments

• Bo_zebras_color_thumb.jpg
    Bo_zebras_color_thumb.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 4,201
Since the last post was of the exact same 4-piece kit I have, here's one from a few years ago when I had this zebra finish DW kit.....

zebra finish is amazing.

btw, i am really surprised that the sonor safari sounded this good. i wasnt expecting too much from it. your youtube vids captured the sound very well btw. awesome playing too.

Pork Pie 4 Piece
13' K Zildjian Mastersound
19' Zildjian Avedis Crash (Doubles as Ride)

Attachments

• IMG-20110131-00075 crop.jpg
    IMG-20110131-00075 crop.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 4,138
Back