SIngle bass pedal

zephead19

I'm not sure how many of you out there actually play single bass but those who do can you give me some help? I currently am playing on a Pearl entry level pedal ( PI20P). I am wondering if I were to upgrade is it worth it to spend 150 to 200 dollars on a new pedal, is there that much of a difference? I am looking for something that can play fairly fast but also can give a heavy sound. Also, if it is worth it to upgrade what is a good pedal to upgrade to? Any advice would be helpful
Thanks, zephead

In my opinion spending money makes a difference.Its good to have a light pedal as keeping speed becomes easy and it can also make a great noise varying from a light touch to a great loud thud! Its your choice but if i had the money id splash out on something good such as iron horse, pearl or tama bass pedals used by pros, how ever if you dont have the money something cheaper can sometimes be just as effective, its up to you.!

maybe try a used dw5000?

You'll be surprised at the difference a good quality pedal can make. I'd look on e-bay or craigs list and see what you can find in your price range. Dw5000, Pearl Eliminator, yamah flying dragon (also the direct drive model) Axis or Trick, all great pedals that will help you enjoy playing even more!

It's on the heavy side. If your desire is to feather, the IC is not the ideal canditate for such a task , there are better pedals out there with a lighter touch. However, if you play at med volume to loud then the IC would be good.

Back