EMAD2: foam ring keeps falling off

Ameer27

Hi all. First off, I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I searched and didn't find exactly what I wanted.

So I just got an EMAD2 kick batter head today. After about 10 minutes of playing it, the foam ring came off. I reapplied it and it fell off again...

Is there any solution for this?

It came off? uh, wow. And here I am, having trouble taking my foam ring out, since it has such a tight fit. I'd say throw some tape on it, if possible?

I often have that problem as well with the thinner foam ring on the EMAD2 and the GMAD, especially playing gigs.
I switched to the thicker ring out of necessity, though I prefer the sound of the thinner one.
I wonder if this is simply something due to the width of the foam ring making it more susceptible to falling out?

Maybe rub your finger along the ring to press it into the head more. When you put the foam in it, it should hold it in place better if you're careful not to pry up the ring too much when installing the foam.

If that fails, maybe you could tape a small coin-size piece of velcro tape at the top of the head, right round the ring. Put the other part on the foam ring. That should hold it in place.

I have this problem, too. Even after making sure the foam ring is perfectly tucked into the plastic sleeve. I think it's just the vibrations gradually loosening it up.

My solution = tape.

A small strip of tape on the plastic sleeve then tucked under the foam ring. I did it in four places: top, bottom and on the left and right to create a plus sign shape.

As long as you're not forever changing which ring you use, I found this solves the problem :)

I've used an EMAD2 for a while and never had that happen, but I use the thicker ring...................like others said, I think a couple of small pieces of tape should work

Also, be careful running your finger around the plastic sleeve. It sliced my finger open once.

Back