Converting Vex Double Bass Pedals To Lefty's ??

west

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to the forum but not to drumming. I’ve been playing off and on for the last 15 years. Right now I have Roland TD20s and there great for at home use especially since my neighbors are mostly snobs. I’m a Lefty and wanted to try playing double bass so I bought the cheaper Vex brand. I didn’t want to fork out $600.00 plus for the better pedals until I see how it works out, this way I’m only out $100.00. The Vex dealer told me that the pedals come set up as right footed but can be converted to Lefty’s with just switching a few of the pieces. To make a long story short, I can’t figure out how to do it, the pedal didn’t come with any diagrams or paperwork, and now I can’t get a response from Vex. So I was wondering and hoping someone might know how to make the conversion or know where I can find more information on this. Any help will definitely be appreciated.

Thanks, West

im am also a lefty and i play with double pedals.
unfortunately you cant flip most double pedals.

my suggestion: dont spend $600 (honestly dont know how you arrived at that number)
get one of these for around $120 and your set.
i played on one for almost 4 years!
i now play tama iron cobras and love them.

good luck!
taylor

Hi Taylor,

Wish I had found this site before buying the Vex's. For some reason I didn't find the DW's for $119.00, that certainly would have been the better choice. Hopefully someone will help me figure out how to convert them, otherwise I guess I can sell them on ebay and get some of my money back. Thanks for the link to the lefty group! West

Hi Taylor,

Wish I had found this site before buying the Vex's. For some reason I didn't find the DW's for $119.00, that certainly would have been the better choice. Hopefully someone will help me figure out how to convert them, otherwise I guess I can sell them on ebay and get some of my money back. Thanks for the link to the lefty group! West

hey no problem!
post some pics and maybe i can help out, but really if it doesnt say that its a convertible pedal, 99% of the time, its not...

Killer deals to be had on Ebay though being a lefty a little harder to find.

Post some pics and model of the Vex you bought. I'd go back to your dealer and ask him to show you how to switch it, if he can't ask for your money back!

Back