Pic of yourself

Photoshop! Taken at a recent band practise.

Attachments

• band prac cymbal choke.jpg
    band prac cymbal choke.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 1,015
Hey gusty! That`s a very cool effect! Is it difficult to do that? How did you do that exactly?

Karl

Thanks man. This is exactly how I did it:

Open image
Copy background layer
Desaturate background copy
Add layer mask to copy
Outline the area in which you want to have in colour with the magnetic lasso tool
Clean up any mistakes you made in the quickmask by hitting 'q'
Exit quickmask once you're done by once again hitting 'q'
Fill in the area with the paint bucket tool, and make sure the colour is black
Deselect by holding down ctrl+d
All done!

If you don't have photoshop then I'd be glad to do a few pics. If you do have photoshop and can't understand those instructions (I wouldn't blame you) then go to this colour isolating video tutorial.

Hey, ArtyZ, your pics on the previous page are awesome! Great retrospective. Loving the different genres and eras.

that's me and my harem... :p

and seriously, these are me friends, and the one i love is sitting in the middle. i'm the one trying to lick her ear :p

l_8b92e46e41aa52544c5a9415ff8aee38.jpg

Mediocrefunkybeat... man you've been here for a damn long time, i went to the start of the thread and you were like the second post in 2005. Thats all i had to say, just amazed really not that drums are boring or this forums no good they're the best but woah!!!

Just saw this. Yeah I have been here an awfully long time, possibly one of the longest members (even with the breaks) given that I was here before this forum was created, on the other, older forum that was eventually deleted. That's going back another year or so, back to mid-2004, so I have been here quite a long time. And made quite a lot of posts. All told around 7,000 I think.

Sad. Very sad.

that's me and my harem... :p

and seriously, these are me friends, and the one i love is sitting in the middle. i'm the one trying to lick her ear :p

l_8b92e46e41aa52544c5a9415ff8aee38.jpg

Damn I thought you were the one on the far right...

This is me at a trip I went on with my family (this was when I still dressed "skate"):
p0001564ym7.jpg

This is on a trip with some friends a while ago, playing the bongos to "Bubbly" (I know, I know) on the roof of the hotel we were staying at. This is when I started morphing into a "retro" dressing style. I'll post some more recent pics... once I take them.
p0001645ja2.jpg

This says everything about me when I'm drunk.

Attachments

• n587336265_548866_8.jpg
    n587336265_548866_8.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 886
awesome :)

looking for another one of me now ...

Hello All nice to meet you

I'm james from manchester england .. been a drummer for about 18 years now ... love drums .. love the drumming community .. the only thing thats constant throughout life is time .. and i'm gonna try and groove all the way!!

Thanks James

Attachments

• n729042540_313006_4182.jpg
    n729042540_313006_4182.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 789
  • n729042540_577549_6108.jpg
    n729042540_577549_6108.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 804
Me...

100_1403.jpg

I'm paul bunyan...

I also use those boots to drum with (not really)

You can also see a mini-me in the corner in my marching band attire from high school. Pretty sweet, i know.

...dad loves his work.

Working here pays for my drum addiction.

Barry

Barry, that looks like a practice pad with a Remo coated head right in front of you!

Last edited:
Back