thoughts on Lil Wayne's guitar solo

Status
Not open for further replies.

huangmi

okay let's start of with the genre i don't listen to, rap & hip hop & 20s pop, dub-step, techno, anyway all the modern stuff. now let's talk about what kind of person Lil Wayne is, a famous rapper? (i don't give a sh*t to the rappers) that's fair enough. maybe he's got few expensive guitars. and i'm not sure what he is doing with the guitar, he is either playing it as a 4 year old's new toy, or he has never touch or seen a guitar before i mean just watch one of his video of him doing a guitar solo(i wouldn't call it a solo if i were you! it's just two notes being played over and over again). let's talk about his guitar technique, most&famous guitarist put their thumb on top of the guitar neck, and the other fours fingers has a slight angle to the neck(this makes the guitar more stable), he's way of putting fingers on there is: take off the thumb(he thought: thumbs are for loser, i want to look cool, maybe just cut it off coz i don't need it!). most&famous guitarist has the neck 60-70 degrees to their body. Lil Wayne's way: straight 90 degrees, it's so ingenious(it give you less control of your fingers, but anyway Lil Wayne thought: as long as i look cool, i don't care!) most&famous guitarists use a pick on electric guitar, Lil Wayne's way(picks are for pussies, i use my thumb as a pick(i thought you want to cut it off Little Wayne!)). now, i neither hate him, nor jealous of him i respect all musicians doesn't matter what instrument you play, where you from, what's your religion. I just want to tell you, he's earning lots of money from pretty much doing nothing with the guitars(little Wayne, if you don't like guitars why the F do you buy them?). this is how unfair today's world is: you get people from Asia who are poor and did hard work in their entire life, and you get people like Lil Wayne who gets payed way to much for doing nothing. what's everyone's opinion on this

My opinion is: I have none. I even don't know whether that Lil Wayne's a he or a she. I don't care and obviously, I've been successful in avoiding his/her music - there's not a single song that I can think of where I'm aware that it was 'done' by him/her. So that's my opinon ;-)

*leansbackinhischairandenjoystheworldcontinuing torotate,notcaringforthatLilWayne*

Stop eating the lead paint chips.People want to hear whatever he's selling.End of story.And since when has the world been fair to begin with.

Steve B

I totally agree huangmi. Lil Wayne plays bad guitar. The angle of his fingers really irks me too. Nice post.

My opinion is: I have none. I even don't know whether that Lil Wayne's a he or a she. I don't care and obviously, I've been successful in avoiding his/her music - there's not a single song that I can think of where I'm aware that it was 'done' by him/her. So that's my opinon ;-)

*leansbackinhischairandenjoystheworldcontinuing torotate,notcaringforthatLilWayne*

i don't care about him either, but i felt sorry for the poor people, they should be treated better

i don't care about him either, but i felt sorry for the poor people, they should be treated better
Hmm... I think they get exactly what they deserve. Not everybody wants/deserves the best there is - or anything better than they seem to be fine with at that given time.
This is all subjective of course but I think you get what I mean.

The real question is whether or not lil wayne can hang with the newest drum sensation, BertBertle.

Huangmi. A few points.

Firstly, you're referencing something that is very old. The video you're referring to has been around a long time but I doubt that many here have seen it. It helps to link the video.

Secondly, it helps to paragraph and to read your post back prior to hitting the 'post' button. Your initial post is nearing the very definition of 'incomprehensible'. I appreciate that English may not be your first language but even so there are a few basic conventions you can stick to. Spaces between words, capital letters to start sentences, paragraph structure, focussed writing (not going off on a stream-of-consciousness in brackets but saving it for another paragraph) and shorter sentence structure.

Thirdly, your rant is irrelevant. I don't care what you think of Lil' Wayne. I doubt many people here care what you think of Lil' Wayne. If you don't like rap, that's absolutely fine but you aren't the first and you won't be the last to state that. The fact is that Lil' Wayne is an entertainer. If the audience are enjoying what he's doing, his ability on the instrument, his technique and playing choices don't matter. So what?

That's my opinion on this. Life isn't fair. Rather than ranting about it on an Internet forum why not try to change that in a productive way?

I wish you all the best.

Troll on DW thinks hip-hop artist who resembles a troll can't play guitar well. Hip-hop artist who resembles a troll out-trolls everyone by playing crap guitar because he's a multimillionaire and can do as he likes. Film at eleven.

At my lesson this morning with GG (GilGilbert for those of you who have had their head in the sand the last ten years) I learned his newest rudiment - it is a whopper and I doubt I ever get it. Gil calls it "The Russian Paraflamacuediddletap" and man is it hard. I am still learning how to play with my left stick in my mouth as Gil does in this rudiment - and sitting on the floor tom instead of my throne is taking some getting used to - but I am close. I didn't understand why he wanted me to play these rudiments in the nude until today when I was able to get an extra stroke.... ok never mind.

Anyway where was I at - oh yeah Lil Wayne.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back