Considering this, any advice?

Center Tenors

My pdp kit once again, i have rightn now a pinstripe as a reso and a G2 as batter on both toms and it is a low punch but hte heads are dead so i knwo it will ring bore which is waht i want when i get new heads, however my school is endorsed to evans so i can get their heads cheaper. so how does this sound (and dont say it will choke them, i cant choke these drums i have tried) Evans ONYX as batters on toms, EC2 SST as resos for the overtones on the reso heads the ONYX emad bass and ONYX reso on the bass and a ONYX on the snare as well? anyone tried it? (oh dont tell the school, im using a remo ebony suede snare side shhh lol)

Well the kick and snare sound like they'd be great, but I'm eh... not sure about the toms. I'd go Onyx with G1's myself. That setup was bliss to my ears, and as soon as I can get the G1's that's what I'm doing.

i will get both lol because i could get it all for the price of just a set of remos because of the endorsement with my school so i will try both and let yall know how it isounds

Please do. I'm all stock reso heads (except my kick, which currently has an Aquarian ported reso), so I'd like to know how those fit with the Onyx.

My guess it that the EC2 SSTs would not be a good choice for resos but it's worth a try.

If you're going to get something like the EC2s for the resos, buy the EC Resos instead. it will have that desired effect. the EC2s really will just kill your resonance if its on that side... A dampened 2-ply reso is a really bad idea.

If you want a really open sound, do either G1s or G-pluses on the resonant side (I'm a fan of G Plus resos), and either G1 G2 or G Plus on the batter side. G1 on the snare should be perfect too.

EQ4 front and back on the bass drum and you've got yourself a really nice, big, open sound that you can tame if necessary through tuning.

Back