Some unfortunate things as a Teenager... READ!

Haha, not smart at all, friend. I could NEVER imagine striking a parent or a loved one but this guy just sounds like he's asking for it. Maybe I'm too old school for todays society.

On a serious note Joey, violence never solves anything. It's true. But if you're beyond repairing your relationship, then go ahead.

Joey,

Heres how you solve this problem:

1) Go to GNC and buy some creatine or builder supplement
2) Hit the weight room every night for one year
3) Walk up to Step-father.
4) Lay the bastard out.

Just make sure you have your bags packed and a place to go! But I tell you what, you rock that fool right square on his nose and he'll never give you trouble again. If he does, repeat step 4!

There is a BIG problem with this idea...

In order to achieve the most force, you have to have the right technique as well. Get a couple of lessons with a boxing coach on top of that weightlifting.

I used to do MMA So I know how to punch, bow (elbow), knee, and of course roundhouse!
He's my biological father not my Step by the way.

Ahhhhhh, your biological father! Sorry, despite what Johnny Cash taught us, you cannot strike your own father. At least in my opinion.

MMA would help you more than boxing, just for the record. a street fight ends up on the ground in about 3-5 seconds. Boxing is great but just not conducive to today's self defense.

Ahhhhhh, your biological father! Sorry, despite what Johnny Cash taught us, you cannot strike your own father. At least in my opinion.

MMA would help you more than boxing, just for the record. a street fight ends up on the ground in about 3-5 seconds. Boxing is great but just not conducive to today's self defense.

I've been in a fight with him before. He marked up my face pretty badly. But that was then (4 years). I've grown quite a bit.

Two words: 'Judo Chop!'

Actually, getting into physical fights with your Dad is a bad idea. A very bad idea indeed.

Joey, take a breath and get yourself centered, yeah?

Why anyone would suggest that you actually resort to physical violence I do not know. But if you do that it will haunt you for the rest of your life, unless you're lucky enough to be a sociopath.

I'm getting the impression that you don't have anyone nearby that you can talk to about this. Is that true?

Joey, take a breath and get yourself centered, yeah?

Why anyone would suggest that you actually resort to physical violence I do not know.

unless you're lucky enough to be a sociopath.

I didn't advocate hitting his own biological father. I was under the impression that this was a step-father who enjoyed belittling and bullying children. If you wouldn't want to hurt someone like that, fine. But I would take great pleasure in it. If this was my own father I would give him the benefit of that and walk, but not a step-father. A step-father could get it.

I am a sociopath.

I've been in a fight with him before. He marked up my face pretty badly. But that was then (4 years). I've grown quite a bit.

Wow sounds like a model of society, a man who would willingly hit his own 11 year old son in the face...

Seriously, if he's abusing you then get the hell out of dodge. That would be my advice, no-one should have to put up with that shit.

Last edited:
Guys, be careful about jokes, especially when you don't mean it seriously to physically
attack the father. I'm not sure if Joey gets the joke. (He hasn't a few times)

Joey, there's no excuse when a father abuses his child in any way, it's a sad thing.
Maybe it's really the right thing to just go away and get some distance between you.
Some years later it'll maybe settle.
I wouldn't think like "when I'm 18 I won't ever have to see him again" or something like
this. You never know, but despite the fact that it may sound most unappealing and cheesy
at the moment, reconciliation is one of the best things there is, and it gives you a great
amount of peace and freedom. I'm not saying you should or you can now, but never say
never. I believe everyone deserves a second (or third) chance. I'm sure your dad isnt' happy
with the situation between you either, or if he doesn't care, one day he will. Maybe now
that you've gone?

Oh, well I can't quite catch his tone of voice over the internet :p
People don't have to.

They just have to stop thinking everyone's attacking them and read the post peoperly. If you stil don't get it, ask.

When I scrolled this thread I could only reflect positively on how stupidly easy I had it. I was encouraged to play. When I asked for lessons I got them. When I needed materials, books or recordings I got them. My parents let me practice day and night and acted like there was no sound at all. When I wanted to do comps they drove me from one side of the US to the other and volunteered for every school band activity. Then when I was ready to sit in with older guys I had that too.

Joey I'm going to send out some very positive thoughts your way, then later I'm going to get on Skype and have a nice thank you conversation with my folks.

When I scrolled this thread I could only reflect positively on how stupidly easy I had it. I was encouraged to play. When I asked for lessons I got them. When I needed materials, books or recordings I got them. My parents let me practice day and night and acted like there was no sound at all. When I wanted to do comps they drove me from one side of the US to the other and volunteered for every school band activity. Then when I was ready to sit in with older guys I had that too.

Joey I'm going to send out some very positive thoughts your way, then later I'm going to get on Skype and have a nice thank you conversation with my folks.

We often don't realize, sometimes until we have our own kids, all the sacrifices our parents made for us on our behalf. My parents, on one income (school teacher) somehow put me and my three brothers through college. In the process they taught us how manage and save our money, how to be upstanding citizens, hardworking, appreciate, and how to be good solid parents and husbands. The four of us have been married a combined near 100 years so far. My parents made it to their 50 year anniversary before my mom's untimely death. My father, at age 83, soldiers on and is an awesome role model for us and others he comes in contact with. I certainly own him a lot of thanks!

Back