What was the last CD (or Record) that you bought or had bought for you?

Well I just loaned:

Brian Eno and David Byrne - My Life in the Bush of Ghosts
and a Stockhausen retrospective (1952-60) from the University Library.

So far, so good.

Stockhausen any good? I really wanna check some out. Any particular ones to get?

Stockhausen any good? I really wanna check some out. Any particular ones to get?

Well this is the reason I got out the retrospective thing. 'Kontake' is probably his most famous work - but beyond that I'm not really that familiar with most of it. I'll let you know though, he's going to come up a lot this term I suspect.

Black Label Society---Hangover Music. Arguably their best CD ever and aptly named also.

My girlfriend bought me the, Bullet for My Valentine Scream Aim Fire Deluxe Edition. Good stuff, the 'Bullet tv' really sucks though, but the music vids are awesome through surround sound instead of computer speakers lol! Cheers To Bullet!

Dave Holland Sextet - "Pass it On"

Sting - "Dream of the Blue Turtles"

Last edited:
Two CDs of early recordings of Italian Tenor Enrico Caruso. Most of the recordings I've got are from circa 1903.

"Little Honey" by Lucinda Williams

Phantogram - Eyelide Movies (Ok, but not transcendant, a bit too much on the popish side)
Shitmat - Grooverider (Good, aggressive, still fun but less than his older stuff. Can't wait to get "one foot in the rave")

This month:

The Unknowns "Southern Decay"
McCartney "Good Evening New York City"
Smithereens "Tommy"
Echo & The Bunnymen "The Fountain"
Flo & Eddie "Rock Steady"
Mark Knopfler "Get Lucky"

I just got these! I can't believe I waited so long...

Mike Clark - Blueprints of jazz Vol.1
Roy Haynes (w/Phineas Newborn & Paul Chambers) - We Three
Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers - Free for All

if you're a drummer, into jazz or not, you need to hear this stuff. Some very strong musicianship and drumming...

Back