Finally 0.565" diameter in the Promark line

Librarian Drummer

I'm pleased to learn that the new Promark Select Balance line will offer the 0,565" option. I really love Promark drumsticks but there are so many 0.551" diameter for 5A sticks in the catalog!!

The Promark standard 5A stick seems to be the most thin, comparing with other brands (Zildjian .56, Vic Firth .565, Vater .570, Los Cabos .575...). There are barely only 4-5 choices for sticks in the 0.56-0.57" bracket (I know the light TX818, and the Marco Minneman and Dom Howard 0.571" sticks with their pretty long taper).

I'm looking forward to try the Forward Balance (short taper) with the 0.565 diameter (the Vic Firth 5A standard). On paper, with the teardrop tip, is already for me a perfect match ! ;-)

I've always preferred the offerings of ProMark, if for no other reason than their Shira-Kashi oak sticks. I'm greatly looking forward to these new models, and hope my local stores get them soon.

Yes, I am looking forward to trying the .580" (55A) sticks myself - forward and rebound. The problem is, I already have a grip of sticks that are still brand new or still in good condition. It's hard to put the money down on new sticks just to try them when I already have more sticks than I need. I hardly ever break sticks either, so they can last me half a year or more. Heck, I can make a Bic disposable razor last a year if I wanted to.

Having been a Project 151 tester (of the 5Bs, but still), I think you'll like the forward balance options. They are really interesting.

Now if they'd only do a ~.630 in select balance, I could be happy!

Back