Desert Island Time

A 26 inch copper Timpani to cook fish in and make gumbo.
A Paiste 13" mega cup chime to serve it in.

Last edited:
Guru snare drum with wood hoops, which would not rust in the salty air.

I'd add a big reflective ride cymbal like Old Hyde's (26" a nice compromise between visibility and tone). The cymbal would glint in the sun just in case a plane passes over and I'd tell the pilot I was marooned rather than sentenced and catch a lift to Rio or somewhere I couldn't be re-apprehended.

Acro for me - great sound and cheap enough to leave it there when I get rescued (cheap enough to replace too!)

... and a set of brushes. ;-)

Do I get replacement heads for the life for the snare?

If not, then a pair of 14" hats.

Totally valid question! I wondered the same thing, lol.

If we get heads, I want a big ol' floor tom. If no heads, I'll take a nice set of hats, please.

PS - This IS a dumb thread, lol. I'd really rather have a big barrel of scotch...

One o' them cocktail drums with kick pedal and a crash/ride cymbal.

Oh, and I'll have a vat of bourbon thanks.

5 x14 Supraphonic. ....can play forever with brushes or similar fascimile.
Other percussion can be made from raw materials on island.
Need to find containers to make rum in as well.

Yea, you'all get a pallet of drum heads, sticks brushes, scotch, rum, herbal theraputics, whatever you need. I'm thinking I want a 40" bass drum to use as a boat.

Yea, you'all get a pallet of drum heads, sticks brushes, scotch, rum, herbal theraputics, whatever you need. I'm thinking I want a 40" bass drum to use as a boat.

All right, then, I'm in. It's officially no longer a stupid thread, lol.

When do we start?

I'd like a djembe or a bongo drum. Would be something cool to learn on that island.

As we're allowed a stock of heads, snare wires, etc, I'd go for a bass drum. It's the most difficult thing to build on an island. Smaller drums = easier (although a supply of lugs & tension screws could be a challenge. A nice crash ride & a set of 13" hats, & I'm done :)

I'd go for a Cajon. when it arrives, I'll remove the front and remove the secret fold up drum kit that was hidden there by my friends and relations.

Back