My Taye

MyTaye

Aloha fellow drummers. I am new here and here is my new to me Taye 5 piece...
mytaye004-1.jpg

Nice red sparkle. My last set was Taye. Enjoy.

Last edited:
It isn't sparkle finish it only looks that way in the pic. It's more of a tomato red finish. I really like this kit though. I plan on getting some new heads soon. I saved my Acrolite because I really like it but I think the Taye snare sounds fantastic so the Acro got banished for now to timbale/tom duty.

very nice, something about that picture makes it look like a toy though.. LOL..

Nice looking kit but that picture does indeed make the kit look like it's 5 inches tall.
More pics! What cymbals do you use? I see PST (don't see whether it's 3 or 5) crashes and perhaps Rude HH?

Ha, ok, I'll take some more pics. Yeah Hokos I have the Rude hi hats and I love them. Other cymbals are Paiste PST5 16' and 18" thin crashes. I have another 18" rock crash I'm not using. I also have a Zildjian ZXT med. 20' ride which I don't really care for and will replace in the future. The pie in the middle is a Paiste fast crash that is my fav. A 8' Sabian XX splash and a 10' Wuhan china that sounds very trashy. I'm replacing the heads soon with some G2 coats over G1 resos.

Ooh, a 70's Acrolite. I have one of those on my kit too and I absolutely love it.

What's with the creepy blur on the edges? Are you hiding something embarrassing?

Son this is not a toy. lol. ok ok. after I slap the new heads on there I also have a 14" Wuhan china and a 18" Wuhan china with rivets ordered. I promise I will take more pics to show it is in fact a normal size drum kit.

The photo is taken with a depth of field that blurs what is not in focus for the shot.

Ok, here's another shot with no blur and I changed the kit around a bit. I have it set up one rack tom up and two toms down. The 18" china was backordered so I just have the 14" New G2 heads and the Acro is on side snare duty.
mytaye035.jpg

I have new heads on the way for it... Evans Genera HD Dry over Hazy 300. Right now The Taye snare wins the tone contest so it gets top billing. I was really suprised how good the Taye snare sounds.

Back