Jason Roeder

Thanks for the response.

How does the 23" compare to the 24" in sound and feel? Was there any lathing involved in order to remake the edge taper, or was it just simply cut down by an inch?

It reduces the high end shimmer quite a bit, and makes the sound more "gong" like (which I don't mind). It really depends on a particular cymbal, some lose too much character and become lifeless once they are cut, others just take on new characteristics that can be integrated with the rest of the kit. (much like any new cymbal).

As far as the edge, it get's a slight camfer but it's still pretty hard on sticks for awhile. I usually sand it a bit to take off the sharpness.

Jason great to see you on here interacting! seen you 3 times and each time was amazing to say the least. i saw you mention the name Andy Rice in an earlier post. the same Andy Rice that also works for Deathwish in Boston?

For my custom kit I left the shell making to the experts at Keller. (I only have so much spare time, no desire to get into mold making...) I did the finishing, bearing edges, drilling, etc.

Rock on.

I've been wanting to know this for a while... what are the sizes of your rack and floor toms? They look and sound good.

Jason.

I've got my tickets for the London show on 6th December. Any chance my Wife and I can come backstage and meet you and the rest of the guys? That'd make my year.

Yours beggingly.

Big Chris.

;-)

-January 2008

Neurosis blew my mind in Brooklyn..thank you so much.

Your music has done so much more than entertain me.

And, I'm pretty sure I had Scott Kelly's blood and sweat in my hair..BLESSED BE THINE HAIR!

-ps the picture you've posted of your kit is now the background on my computer, real art.

Last edited:
Back