Futz Pedals

robertondrums

Hi everyone,
I recently have bought a Futz Pedal and I was wondering if I could have your advice and your opinions on the Futz Pedal. Personally I think it doesnt feel anything like a bass drum pedal but more like a workout tool or exercise equipment. So what do you do to build fast twitching muscles using the Futz pedal? What tension would you recommend to build those fast twitching muscles and what technique? And most of all has the Futz Pedal worked for you?

Thanks

Robertondrums

I was given a Futz pedal to evaluate before they hit the market, by the guy who invented them. His name was mark something or other. He used to frequent an open mic jam I used to attend near Doylestown, PA, and approached me with it. I took it home, and I don't know what the product is like that's on the market, but this was just an untensionable foot pedal facsimile with a slight amount of resistance. I'm basically a heel down player and I told him I wanted it to be tensionable, so I could work my calf muscles. His original concept wasn't an exercise machine, just a thing you push down on, which didn't make any sense to me. I basically told him I'd rather see it as a sort of calf/ankle conditioner. So that's my experience with it. I never used it because it seemed like a waste of time. I could tap my foot and get the same results.

I was wondering the same thing. I know what it is, but would it be beneficial? I first saw the item on YouTube, as Tim Waterson was talking about it. One of these would go great with the DW Go Anywhere Practice Pad. I would like to get one - it would do nothing but add on and help you.

I got one for practicing while on vacation or away on business. It's OK. Not great, but better than nothing. For $35 or whatever it was, it was worth it.

Back