G Plus Frosted as batter on snare...

It's a good thing. I've got it on my Supraphonic 400 with an ambassador on the bottom. This is easily my favorite combination on a snare to date. Check it out.

I've considered trying this at some point but I'm not so sure about the frosty coating after my experience with them for EC2's on toms.

Not that they were horrible, just not so sure how that would translate from tom to snare.

Honestly I don't think it's much different than white coating from the texture of it, just the color difference. Not totally for sure on that though.

It keeps that plastic attack on toms at least.... Something I'd like to avoid as far as toms go.

Snares have attack even with coated heads though, one day I might try the Pluses out as it actually seems like a really good idea.... more resonance because of the thicker head but still 1-ply and it would have a bit of a heavier feel even if I cranked it. I lay into my snare sometimes and I would like a thicker feel to it... this seems like a good solution.

Frosty coatings are eh to me though.

Well, before now a coated emperor was my head of choice, if that tells you anything. This is a lot more sensitive, a lot louder, and a lot better feeling and sounding overall. The frosting looks cool too if you give it a chance, especially on a chrome drum like mine. The only thing that concerns me is the durability, as I hit hard too. It seems to be holding up ok, but I've only had it for a couple of days, so I guess time will tell.

Well, before now a coated emperor was my head of choice, if that tells you anything. This is a lot more sensitive, a lot louder, and a lot better feeling and sounding overall. The frosting looks cool too if you give it a chance, especially on a chrome drum like mine. The only thing that concerns me is the durability, as I hit hard too. It seems to be holding up ok, but I've only had it for a couple of days, so I guess time will tell.

I've used pretty much solely single ply heads on a snare anyways, Ambassadors and Reverse CS heads.

Maybe down the road but honestly you really can't go wrong with an Ambassador... At least in my experience.

Back