Should I warn them???

+1 to that.

And extend the concept to different musical styles, food, haircuts, and cultures in general.

Yeah I was not referring necessarily to politics or forums or anything specific. A variety of viewpoints and ideas will help almost anything.

Glen has been nothing but a nice guy over on the other forum. I don't really want to have any preconceived notions when it comes to the guy. Innocent until proven guilty. I should have realized that from the start. If the guy does turn in to Glen-Jekyll or Glen-Hyde, well, that's for the mods to sort out. It's easy enough to ignore trolls.
Glen can be a nice guy, & it's my dear hope that he keeps that side to the fore. I hope he's accepted too, & I wish him luck with his barn.

As for DC, I noticed a thread about our drums there a few weeks ago. There was a few misconceptions about what we do, so I thought I'd register to offer clarification, but I think my membership application was declined. Wouldn't let me log in. Probably just as well really, as my presence there would probably not be welcomed by Glen - we've had our moments.

I am making sure not to say anything to set him off though.

But that's the crux of the issue mate. You don't have to say or do anything outrageous to set him off anyway. The guy just has no ability for basic social interaction. He flips his lid at the drop of a hat, runs off and sulks, cries foul and turns it into everyone else's problem for "not playing nicely" with him. Bugger that. That sense of entitlement is just toxic and exactly why he was banned repeatedly to begin with. Never in all my born days have I seen so many have to tread on eggshells for fear of offending one man.......one man who's expectations are unreasonable from the outset.

You strike me as a level headed member mate, never out to deliberately offend or antagonise. Why the hell should you check yourself at every turn in case he can't cope? The problem is his, not yours.

I wish all the very best for him over at DC, really I do. I wish him no ill will at, but he needs to toughen up....and fast.....or else nothings gonna change for him regardless of what forum he posts on.

Hmmmm. 164 posts about a guy that was banned here. Seems like he's getting more play here now than when he was actually a member. No real comment other than that....just an interesting observation.....

Don't knock until you've tried it, my friend. DC is a very nice, family friendly forum. We really don't need to start a forum war.

We are all different individuals and we all have our own preferrences. I choose to seek out as many sources as I can in my journey, whether it is here, DC or any other forum. Why limit yourself?

As Mark said, DC is a great forum to enjoy also............it's not like we have to choose one over the other. I enjoy coming here, DC and also a couple of other forums......all the better to learn and broaden our knowledge IMO

Glen can be a nice guy, & it's my dear hope that he keeps that side to the fore. I hope he's accepted too, & I wish him luck with his barn.

As for DC, I noticed a thread about our drums there a few weeks ago. There was a few misconceptions about what we do, so I thought I'd register to offer clarification, but I think my membership application was declined. Wouldn't let me log in. Probably just as well really, as my presence there would probably not be welcomed by Glen - we've had our moments.

Andy, I wonder why your membership would have been denied. You are extremely knowledgable and always seem to help anyone who needs it...........I know you've helped me.

Do you want me to address it with the mods at DC and find out if there are any issues? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Andy, I wonder why your membership would have been denied. You are extremely knowledgable and always seem to help anyone who needs it...........I know you've helped me.

Do you want me to address it with the mods at DC and find out if there are any issues? Just doesn't make sense to me.
Thank you for your kind offer. TBH, I only wanted to clarify some points on the thread about our drums, but it's probably better that I keep away, at least for now.

Thank you for your kind offer. TBH, I only wanted to clarify some points on the thread about our drums, but it's probably better that I keep away, at least for now.

Gotcha............ let's just hope everything stays civil over there................if you remember, I asked you about a stave shell awhile back.....................most likely going to order the shell tomorrow. Thanks again for the advice

The burning question I have...

Does DC have a 20 character minimum?

Bongo John? Lol ... Funny. Tell us a quick bedtime story about Bongo John?
I just looked at the members list to see if Bongo John still had a profile. I was hoping to call up one of his threads, or at least, one of the threads he featured on, but alas, I failed (mods, if you can find something, that would be cool).

Bongo John was actually a good player. He had much to offer, & that's the real shame of it all. Even the slightest criticism of his playing / disagreement with his take on things, or indeed, any hint of lack of attention, & he would launch into a tirade about how undervalued he was, how deserved of praise he should be, how the music industry just didn't get his talent, etc, etc, etc. His reaction was so crazy, it was amusing to say the least, but also very sad. Both I and other members tried to reach out to him, but he was having non of it. I assume he went off to find attention somewhere else. Pity - good player with interesting performance ideas.

Then there was that other guy (forget his username) who got very upset because other members would dare to "muscle in" on his drummer chick attracting thread. Seriously deluded individual.

Andy, I couldn't find anything relating to that username in the system.
Seems that stuff is gone/deleted.

I
actually a good player. He had much to offer, & that's the real shame of it all. Even the slightest criticism of his playing / disagreement with his take on things, or indeed, any hint of lack of attention, & he would launch into a tirade about how undervalued he was, how deserved of praise he should be, how the music industry just didn't get his talent, etc, etc, etc. His reaction was so crazy, it was amusing to say the least, but also very sad.

QUOTE]
this sounds like a so called custom drum manufacturer i know of...he's been know to play wind chimes so i guess that explians a lot

Andy, I couldn't find anything relating to that username in the system.
Seems that stuff is gone/deleted.
I thought as such Arky. If I remember correctly, he asked for all traces of his activity to be removed. Personally, I'd have made it a sticky :)

this sounds like a so called custom drum manufacturer i know of...he's been know to play wind chimes so i guess that explians a lot

Phew, for one minute, I thought you meant me. I do play wind chimes, but we're not a custom drum manufacturer. Anyhow, I'm only deluded, Bongo John was seriously deluded ;)

I just looked at the members list to see if Bongo John still had a profile. I was hoping to call up one of his threads, or at least, one of the threads he featured on, but alas, I failed (mods, if you can find something, that would be cool).

Bongo John was actually a good player. He had much to offer, & that's the real shame of it all. Even the slightest criticism of his playing / disagreement with his take on things, or indeed, any hint of lack of attention, & he would launch into a tirade about how undervalued he was, how deserved of praise he should be, how the music industry just didn't get his talent, etc, etc, etc. His reaction was so crazy, it was amusing to say the least, but also very sad. Both I and other members tried to reach out to him, but he was having non of it. I assume he went off to find attention somewhere else. Pity - good player with interesting performance ideas.

Then there was that other guy (forget his username) who got very upset because other members would dare to "muscle in" on his drummer chick attracting thread. Seriously deluded individual.

How long ago was this? I joined a couple of years ago, but can't remember him.

Back