My Ddrum Kit with 26" Kick

Here's my kit, it's a Ddrum Red Sparkle Carmine Appice Signature Kit, No. 36 of 100. It's all maple, with a stainless steel snare.

The sizes are as follows width x depth:

26"x15" - Kick Drum
13"x9" - Tom
16"x16" - Floor Tom
14"x5.5" Stainless Steel Snare

DSCN0933.jpg

The snare is gorgeous, has die cast hoops and even has the old school dampener inside the drum (which I never use). Overall the kit is class, I love 26" kicks, this is the second kit I've had with a 26" kick. I think they have the best sound especially when ya tune up the resonant head.
I have since cut a hole in the front skin of the kick as when I would go to studio, engineers would insist on gettin a mic inside the kick and so had to take the from skin off. Anyone who has a big kick drum will know this, but the whole sound depends on the front skin and with it off, most of the body and quality is lost then too.

What an awesome setup, I've never seen this model before. I like the smaller tom sizes on it, you typically see bigger (Bonham) sizes. Great color selection too.

You have any snare pics??

And a virgin, too. I love 'em! My 30 year old Luddies are 26, 13, 16, 18.

@T.Underhill unfortunately I don't have any pics of any of my snares, but I'll get on the case though.

@Fishbones I wanted to accent the kick, so figured if the rack went round it as opposed to over it that it would give more to the size. I also have the high tom on a snare stand which is mounted onto the rack so if a guitarist is jamming beside the kit, he/she doesn't kick the legs of the snare stand.

Happened my last kit and dinged the side of the kick.

I almost got one of those, The only thing that stopped me was that 18" floor toms aren't available.

I had the Ludwig Classic Maple Green Sparkle Bonham Replica and it had an 18" floor tom, to be honest I never used it. Rathered the 16", only time I used to two floor toms together was when I recorded it. Ya have to twist a fair bit round to get at it.

There wouldn't be anything stoppin ya from wrapping a different 18" floor tom with the same color to match in with the kit too. Can't say it enough how much I prefer the sound, look and feel of a 26" kick.

Back