Travis Barker

Re: Travis Barker playing country

Yeah, he's playing what he always plays, just slower. He still looks way too goofy for me when he plays too.

travis-country... heh heh hehehehehehe

wow, that guy takes himself WAY to seriously. hes doing a t.v. spot for an award show that NOONE watches, get over yourself.

Kudos to Travis for playing with some of the coolest country guys on the planet. Dwight Yoakam is a funky dude for sure, and I bet it was his idea to get Travis on there.

Quck! Who was the best musician on stage?

If you didn't answer Brad Paisley then y'all need to broaden your musical tastes a bit.

The slow shuffle part was played horribly, with those swiping hi-hat strokes. The kit itself was completely out of place sonically (not to mention visually, but hwo cares).

That was just really weird. Did anyone else notice that it wasn't rehearsed very well either? One song didn't start together (Travis came in late) and another one didn't end together (Travis stopped and then Billy Gibbons played some dumb embellishment riff at the end).

And if Reba has any more plastic surgery, her face might actually just fall off.

haha that was priceless! there was all the country guys at the front and travis gently headbanging at the back!

brilliant

Can't get the vid to download past 30 sec, all I see is Reba talking.
Brad Paisley is a fantastic guitarist, wish I could see Travis playing. My hat's off to him for doing this.
I hate dial up!!!
Mike

i havnt actually got to see it yet cuase im at work, but i can imagin the head banging that he does, and thats cool to me, he gets into his stuff no matter how slow or fast, at least he feels his music and isnt some dude sitting up there with no emotion like you see some people do.

centralzeke said:
Give this guy a friggin break! I thought he sounded great.

yea i think everyone, as soon as they see a travis barker thread, starts geting ready to insult his performance... i really dont see what he did bad, i mean it wasnt amazing but he wasnt trying to be, people talk about him being to busy on the drums and then he calms down and does a country song, and then people claim its not busy or diverse enough...its like a catch 22 all the time he cant win for losing.

When I see him play here I think of Animal of the Muppet Show. So many unnecessary movements.

Bernhard

its fun to watch though no? he gets into it alot its crazy

Yep a lot of people jump at the opportunity to mock Travis Barker. Face it, it sounded good, how he looks when he plays has nothing to do with the music itself.. if he has to sideswipe to feel a slow country beat, who cares?

Hey I'm not bashing him on his playing. It fitted the music perfectly....he just looked alot different than all the others.....headbanging, mohawk, it's all good.

AvengedDrummer said:
Man that guy gets into it! even in the slow part when hes just doing a beat between the hi-hat and snare he's rockin out!
bfyugvhguig hg vy vyu g uhg

Back