Not that anyone would care...

Oh no! I'm not saying that at all! If they were atheist, I'd still like them. It's just a nice bonus that they happen to have the same religion I do. I am not (and never will be) racist, anti-Semitic or homophobic. I'm a very loving, open minded person. I love to love.

No offense intended in this post.

Well that's good. I guess it was a bit of an unfair question since i don't even think a lot of these people even deserve to call themselves christians.

I hope you have fun at the concert. I didn't really know anything about them and then I saw them on Saturday Night Live. The first song they had their (a) drummer behind a plexi screen and he had an awful time, poor guy. He even dropped his sticks at the end of the song.

For the second song, one of the Jonas brothers played drums. I have to say I was impressed. He just went for it and rocked that kit.

I Tivo'ed it and watched it about 5 times. He just nailed it and he sang verses and chorus too.

DC, the only thing I have to offer here is to be unapologetic about the music you love, and love it for no other reason than for the music itself.

..ok, I'll mind my own business...

Politics, religion, and self likes aside, I hope you have a ball and really enjoy the show. Be safe.

Thanks, guys! I'll certainly love my music without being self-conscious or ashamed, and I most definitely will enjoy the show. I hear they put on a good show, and I hope it's true!

I hope you have fun at the concert. I didn't really know anything about them and then I saw them on Saturday Night Live. The first song they had their (a) drummer behind a plexi screen and he had an awful time, poor guy. He even dropped his sticks at the end of the song.

For the second song, one of the Jonas brothers played drums. I have to say I was impressed. He just went for it and rocked that kit.

I Tivo'ed it and watched it about 5 times. He just nailed it and he sang verses and chorus too.

Yeah. Their drummer is Jack "Flawless" Lawless. I don't know why he had to be behind plexi glass because most bands on SNL don't. I felt sorry for him.

The Jonas that plays drums is Nick. He's the youngest (16) of the three, and he has type 1 diabetes.

Have fun at Jonas brothers. I don't really care for the product of the Disney Channel, after all, that's what these kind of bands are. To even mention them in the same sentence as the Beatles (or even Avril Lavigne) is absolutely absurd. The Beatles were the original boy-band of rock'n'roll, yes but there were boy bands of the day that were equally huge but fell by the wayside because their music was lame. The beatles stormed through the 60's and early 70's with dozens of chartbusters that were award winning and catchy. Pull any person off the street and i guarantee they are familiar with dozens of their tunes. The Beatles more importantly, just like genuine artists like Avril Lavigne wrote their own music while i bet 90% + of The Jonas Bro's music were written by Professional songwriters. Don't take it personally, but the JB's are just a package. They're big because of their looks and the legions of predominantly teen female fans would not be going to the concerts if they looked like the nerd posse from Superbad. Okay somebody had to say it and I said it. Please don't hate me, the Jonas Brothers do not suck, they are trained professionals doing what they do very well and that's perform poppy tunes that were written for them and also looking good doing it, but they're not artists.

but they're not artists.

Ouch. Dios you are right on the former, but regardless of the machine you gotta at least give them their due for putting themselves out there. They are artists; just not what you dig as "artistic". Watch the little one slam on is kit in the SNL appearance (second song) and you'll see what I mean. They're a little lame but they can play.

Ouch. Dios you are right on the former, but regardless of the machine you gotta at least give them their due for putting themselves out there. They are artists; just not what you dig as "artistic". Watch the little one slam on is kit in the SNL appearance (second song) and you'll see what I mean. They're a little lame but they can play.

I didn't say they couldn't play. Troll through any high school with 5000 kids and you'll find a couple dozen that are just as proficient playing as those kids. When i was 11 years old i was playing Bonham, Ian Paice, Phil Collins, Keith Moon, etc. No child drummer impresses me short of 8 year old Jakob Armen or 12 year old Tony Roysters Jr.

Here's DW member febby, 18 year old girl. She blows this Jonas away:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46010

Jonas Brothers CD will be in the "where are they now?" five dollar bin at walmart in 5 years.

Have fun at Jonas brothers. I don't really care for the product of the Disney Channel, after all, that's what these kind of bands are. To even mention them in the same sentence as the Beatles (or even Avril Lavigne) is absolutely absurd. The Beatles were the original boy-band of rock'n'roll, yes but there were boy bands of the day that were equally huge but fell by the wayside because their music was lame. The beatles stormed through the 60's and early 70's with dozens of chartbusters that were award winning and catchy. Pull any person off the street and i guarantee they are familiar with dozens of their tunes. The Beatles more importantly, just like genuine artists like Avril Lavigne wrote their own music while i bet 90% + of The Jonas Bro's music were written by Professional songwriters. Don't take it personally, but the JB's are just a package. They're big because of their looks and the legions of predominantly teen female fans would not be going to the concerts if they looked like the nerd posse from Superbad. Okay somebody had to say it and I said it. Please don't hate me, the Jonas Brothers do not suck, they are trained professionals doing what they do very well and that's perform poppy tunes that were written for them and also looking good doing it, but they're not artists.

I don't take offense at all, however; they do write their own music. They started out how most bands do: playing small club gigs where there's only 10 or so people so I doubt they could afford to hire professional songwriters. They were originally with Columbia Records, but they left Columbia and went to Hollywood Records. Hollywood allows them to write their own music as long as it's in the pop/rock genre and kid-friendly.

Here's a vid talking about how they write their songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8WS_qlOK0c

We should start a group: Guys That Like Avril Lavigne And Aren't Afraid To Admit It.

"GTLALAAATAI"

The early Beatles were the first "Jonas Brothers" band. That being said, the Beatles were revolutionary for that, the following chain of boy bands weren't.

"Hansen" was closer to the JB's. MMMM bop and all that other "tween" fluff.

To compare the talent of the Beatles to the JB is absurd. They were never even close.

In the 60's schools in England spent time analyzing Beatles lyrics, as have western schools since. Nothing from the JB's requires that level of scrutiny for deeper meaning.

"Hansen" was closer to the JB's. MMMM bop and all that other "tween" fluff.

To compare the talent of the Beatles to the JB is absurd. They were never even close.

In the 60's schools in England spent time analyzing Beatles lyrics, as have western schools since. Nothing from the JB's requires that level of scrutiny for deeper meaning.

People don't seem to want to admit this, but The Beatles weren't the greatest musicians.

If anyone has anything negative to say about drummerchicks post you better take a look back at your musical taste. I'm sure it's filled with bands you would not admit were influences on your taste.

If anyone has anything negative to say about drummerchicks post you better take a look back at your musical taste. I'm sure it's filled with bands you would not admit were influences on your taste.

I have to agree completely with your statement. And that music that you don't want to admit is part of your taste can influence it the most. It can explain the bridge the strange gap between Latin and alternative music on my ipod.

I remember i think it was last year that drummerchick435 said about the jb and noone had anything negative to say about them. They had mostly postive things to say.

Last edited:
I have to agree completely with your statement. And that music that you don't want to admit is part of your taste can influence it the most. It can explain the bridge the strange gap between Latin and alternative music on my ipod.

I remember i think it was last year that drummerchick435 said about the jb and noone had anything negative to say about them. They had mostly postive things to say.

Thanks georgeman. I wanna throw poo at fakes.

Back