Champagne Ludwig

T

Tommycanuhearme

Well, I traded my Ludwig blue oyster pearl kit for this little gem....1969 Ludwig kit in a champagne sparkle finish....
04131649.jpg

04131703.jpg

04131740.jpg

04131500.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful drums man. Have you ever owned anything other than Ludwigs?

hey man, lovely kit!....how does it sound? I got some bad reviews (from one person) about this rogers.....http://www.repercussions.org/rogersnewchamp.html

a 1969....i figure that they would should alike you think?

What do you mean by bad reviews? Do you mean they sounded bad?
I'm not really a Rogers nut, I love the sound of Ludwigs, especially vintage ones.

I have owned kits other than Ludwig, to many to mention.

I have not played these yet, I just got back from Austin where I got them, but I know how they will sound, great!

I traded for them because of the finish and it's all original.

Last edited:
What do you mean by bad reviews? Do you mean they sounded bad?
I'm not really a Rogers nut, I love the sound of Ludwigs, especially vintage ones.

I have owned kits other than Ludwig, to numerous to mention, thanks.

i think it was the stability of the shells, not by sound....oh, and he said the hardware was bad, the the description of the kit is really something!

http://www.repercussions.org/rogersnewchamp.html

never been a fan of rogers?? Why so man?

Well, I traded my Ludwig blue oyster pearl kit for this little gem....1969 Ludwig kit in a champagne sparkle finish....

Great looking kit....excellent condition given its age. Is that the original wrap?

Can't believe the B.O.P kit is no more....was just looking at it again yesterday!! You move fast Tommy, I'll give you that much. What prompted the change.....I'm guessing you were "made an offer you couldn't refuse?"

I got some bad reviews (from one person) about this rogers.....

Was just gonna ask why and see that Tommy beat me too it.

I've not seen lugs like that before.....very interesting, especially on the bass drum. Are they easy enough to tune?

I've not seen lugs like that before.....very interesting, especially on the bass drum. Are they easy enough to tune?

Could'nt tell you! thats what i want to find out, this is or hopefully will be the first vintage kit that i will have owned...no played! I suppose i will ask the seller for sound clips anyway, but the lugs do interest me too...? Well pretty much all vintage kits have them

I'm not the biggest Rogers fan, but if can buy that kit, DO IT! That kit looks like it just came off the showroom floor and it will sound great, but I'm sure it's going to be pricy.
Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, i'll look into it....luckly it will be in dollars, converting it into euros will knock about a third off the price!
And good luck in the future with your beautiful kit!

Wow! I am a sucker for vintage Luddies! and the Champagne sparkle...saweeet!

Back