Custom Drumstix: Legit or Ripoff?

GretschTiger

I ordered a couple sets of sticks from these guys in February and still haven't received them. I e-mailed them in May and they said there was a lag in production due to demand and a location change. Anyone else ordered from these guys? I feel like I'm probably just out the cash now but I'm HOPING someone here ordered around the same time and has some sort of info. We're going on 6 months now.

Yeah they told me about the production thing in May. We're over 6 months now though with no communication since May. I'm getting a little worried.

From what I have been able to gather there is a dispute between the 2 partners and its all tied up in court.

Just e-mailed me back. Apparently some stuff went down and I'm out my money until said stuff is resolved. Awesome.

So then the answer is "ripoff."

You don't steal your customers' money due to business issues. Sounds like a job for Superman! Or maybe small claims court.

From what I understand, there have been several customers that have not received a refund for orders placed.
The first court date did not go well for the person on the the orders/office/website end of the business.

The next court date is in Sept.

I would make/start a claim with PayPal, or through your CC. I had to do this for some mic clips I purchased from a company, and it went smoothly with PP & my CC company.

You'll need to have your emails, PP/CC correspondent dates, order confirmation numbers etc... handy to give to the CC/PP reps.

I will keep anyone interested posted (PM) when the person doing the sticks gets going again. I will be buying from/endorsing him. The craftsmanship, and wood quality is phenomenal.

Not sure yet if the name of the company will stay with him though, but he had it before the partnership came into being.

From what I understand, there have been several customers that have not received a refund for orders placed.
The first court date did not go well for the person on the the orders/office/website end of the business.

The next court date is in Sept.

I would make/start a claim with PayPal, or through your CC. I had to do this for some mic clips I purchased from a company, and it went smoothly with PP & my CC company.

You'll need to have your emails, PP/CC correspondent dates, order confirmation numbers etc... handy to give to the CC/PP reps.

I will keep anyone interested posted (PM) when the person doing the sticks gets going again. I will be buying from/endorsing him. The craftsmanship, and wood quality is phenomenal.

Not sure yet if the name of the company will stay with him though, but he had it before the partnership came into being.

Yeah then the next will be in October. Full of shit company!
middle_finger.png

They currently owe me $70.00 for sticks I ordered over 6 months ago. Major rip off at this point. This was my first and only time I've ordered from them and the experience has been less than desirable. The most upsetting part is that they've spent the money they received before they even made the product. Bad business practice there.

Just a heads up--

The CDX site is back up, and a different company is doing the actual production for them at this time, or in the very near future.
No idea if production for CDX will be done "on site" (as it was in the past) in their going forward or not.

For anyone "caught up in the middle of things", I'd suggest now would be a good time to contact them for either fulfilling their order, or getting a refund.
They have stated they wish to make everyone happy, and are sorry for what people went through.

I know the other party. As usual with these things, some of the things Danny stated on the CDX site page are legit, some are stretching the truth, and some are not true-- Not taking sides, just presenting that the site is back up.

I have no idea what the quality of the product would be at this point, or, if the same wood Nick used would be what sticks are being made from.

I do think the wood Nick used is superior to anything anyone else is putting out, and it was hand picked at the source BY Nick, and Danny was never involved in that part of the operation.
What is going to be used now/in future could be what the turning company has/uses, or it could be stuff that was there when the actual spit happened.
If I find out what the situation with the wood being used, I will post again.

Good luck to anyone involved!

ordered and received my sticks....frankly they arent the quality of the big brands, but they make a noble effort. Im not impressed overall.

F

Just a heads up--

I have no idea what the quality of the product would be at this point, or, if the same wood Nick used would be what sticks are being made from.

I do think the wood Nick used is superior to anything anyone else is putting out, and it was hand picked at the source BY Nick, and Danny was never involved in that part of the operation.
What is going to be used now/in future could be what the turning company has/uses, or it could be stuff that was there when the actual spit happened.
If I find out what the situation with the wood being used, I will post again.

Good luck to anyone involved!

That would be great of you. I was thinking of placing an order in the near future. Custom stuff isn't cheap but I want to ensure that I'm getting quality items and the wood and construction is still consistent of that when they first started. They will get my business that way.

They currently owe me $70.00 for sticks I ordered over 6 months ago. Major rip off at this point. This was my first and only time I've ordered from them and the experience has been less than desirable. The most upsetting part is that they've spent the money they received before they even made the product. Bad business practice there.

Anyone still waiting for sticks? Sounds like a great business!

The site say's :

The new shop is almost set up and we are close to the finish line. The order page should be back up very soon!

Still no other info, and I don't know about the wood being used (if it's still going to be handpicked or not).

I have been waiting for my custom sticks ($170 worth) since February 2012. That would be 11 months I've been waiting. I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I think I just want my money back at this point. Perhaps I'll try another custom stick company...(suggestions?)

I have been waiting for my custom sticks ($170 worth) since February 2012. That would be 11 months I've been waiting. I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I think I just want my money back at this point. Perhaps I'll try another custom stick company...(suggestions?)

Good luck in getting the money back.
Danny's email is listed on the CDX website. It say's it is this:

[email protected]

My suggestion is to email him.

Yeah, I know.

I haven't had any contact with Danny since he asked me to consider staying on as an endorser earlier in the year.
That was when he put the notice on the site that Nick was no longer involved.

He knew I was friends with Nick, and had dealt with him a long time, but he still reached out to me in a couple nice emails.
However, unless one of them got something going again, I had no decision to make because there was no company or product TO endorse.

TBH, if I had said "No thanks", I doubt anything would have been done with things on the site before all the court stuff had been settled anyway.
They had bigger things to deal with than a picture on a site for a company that wasn't even operating.

I was an endorser of Nick's drumsticks for couple years before the CDXLLC partnership happened in 2010.
Because of my particular situation/relationship, I just called, or emailed Nick directly when I needed sticks.
Any payment I needed to send (the previous .biz, or CDX) was always done through Paypal, so, I actually never had any dealings with Danny.
I can't have anything negative to say about "the front office" if I had never actually talked to him.

There are a few things in the whole "situation" that rubbed me wrong, but I won't discuss them out of professional respect for those involved. I wasn't there to know what went on between them, or any of their business agreements.

Being as the company hasn't been "in operation" since Nick left, I'm not surprised by people not getting product since that happened, but not getting orders BEFORE the split is pretty strange.
For a solution on refunds, emailing Danny is the way to go regarding them.
As of the final court date, Danny IS CDX llc, and all issues go to him to be resolved.
HOW they are resolved (or if) is in Danny's hands. I thought the site said he was going to take care of things for people.

I don't know how it's going to all go when CDX opens back up (soon, according to the site).
Might all just be the same for ordering, the wood supplier used, and doing custom designs. "Time will tell" I guess.

I'm still using the sticks I have.

Back