Show us your tiny kits

I just have a Rhythm Tech stick ball resting on the hat stand rod.

sorry...i have no idea how to post on this site (or any other) can you help me? i am looking for info on an old trixon telstar kit i just got. any help would be great....thank you

Hi!
Just want to share my new Slim/compact kick drum photo! 12" drum head on a compact/slim box body.Modify the pedal so the beat will strike on the "left"!! 8" Bongo head as Mini Timbale or Tom(depend how I tune/the gig call for!!!)

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

522156_3165528456267_1207053867_32450462_978757759_n.jpg

It's not that tiny with the 22×20" Bass drum, but still very simple.
I love the OMNI cymbal. It's a very unique and versatile instrument.

The 12×6,5" snare is custom made by Gustavito Drums.

Hi!
Just want to share my new Slim/compact kick drum photo! 12" drum head on a compact/slim box body.Modify the pedal so the beat will strike on the "left"!! 8" Bongo head as Mini Timbale or Tom(depend how I tune/the gig call for!!!)

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

Man, your kits are easily the most unique I've ever seen. They're effing awesome. Keep making more, please, for the sake of creative and drumming humanity.

Do you make these for people on custom orders or anything?

Man, your kits are easily the most unique I've ever seen. They're effing awesome. Keep making more, please, for the sake of creative and drumming humanity.

Do you make these for people on custom orders or anything?
Hi,Nickropolis!
Thanks alot! all my drum project are for "fun" & self use only.sorry,I don't custom made for other ppl. I always enjoy making new crazy design mini drum-kits!

The snare is a Pearl M-80. It's 10 x 4
The tom is a 10" Pearl Forum.
Here's a pic of the snare mounted before I added the Pearl tom.
I've got a better pic somewhere at home after I added the tom, I'll post it later.

Attachments

• sc1.jpg
    sc1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 6,370
The snare is a Pearl M-80. It's 10 x 4
The tom is a 10" Pearl Forum.
Here's a pic of the snare mounted before I added the Pearl tom.
I've got a better pic somewhere at home after I added the tom, I'll post it later.

Ha ha - pretty neat. That's a real "Travelin' Man" kit.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I never expected that it would be this cool. This may be one of the best threads on this whole forum. These kits are just so imaginative. Love these posts. Thanks,

Here's a jungle kit that I've been working on. I mounted the 12" tom to the 16" kick and turned the 14" tom into a floor tom.

Attachments

• Jungle Kit.jpg
    Jungle Kit.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 5,177
My newest Tinker Toy :)
Roland V-Drums Lite

Attachments

• 1015021609.jpg
    1015021609.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 5,179
Say it isn't so - LOL!

Is this your first go at electronic stuff?
I had an E-kit years ago for a spell.
I bought this kit to use as a practice kit only.
It is easy to figure out tunes on it without making noise.
I sometimes can't sleep so I play for a spell during the wee hours.
I just plug my computer into the brain and play along with recorded material.
I then go to the acoustic kit when I have learned the tune.
I regard it as a toy.
The pedals have very poor action and I get a real good workout when I set it in double bass mode. :)

...I sometimes can't sleep so I play for a spell during the wee hours...

I've got some electronic pads I use for that too. Even with Sound-Off muffling pads on my acoustic kit, it can be a bit too loud.

Also, I recently got some Vic Firth 'Chop-Out' sticks that can be used without even having to turn anything on. They're standard 5B sticks with softer rubber type balls on the end, that are pretty quiet, and work well on a hard surface like a table.

Now go play that V-Drum Lite - ha ha.

The mini e-kit has helped me a lot because it is a practice pad that I feel like playing because it isn't boring.
It has been great for my Jazz ride patterns.
I use heavy Vater Jazz sticks on the rubber cymbal pads and I spang-a-lang as fast as I can using just my fingers to control the stick.
The rubber cymbal pads have half the bounce of a heavy dark jazz ride cymbal.
It is like lifting weights with your fingers. My whole arm starts to burn in just a few moments.
I am a lefty that plays righty so my ride hand is weak compared to my comp hand.
I can do almost anything with my left hand on the snare.

Last edited:
wildbill - here's the only photo of the tom mount I have. Not the best but it's an old Tama clamp with a Pearl tom arm.
I've changed it a bit since this pic.The bottom of the mount rests on a piece of round cork that I put on top of the suitcase resting on the flat area in front as opposed to resting it on the latch . I did this to better keep the arm from moving.

Attachments

• sctommount.jpg
    sctommount.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 6,528
Back