Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz here!

Drummers can learn techniques and tricks of the trade from more capable players than I, but there aren't many guys talking about the ins & outs of being a professional musician. That's what I do, and I do it here just as easily as in person.

Bermuda

That's for sure. I listened to the 'I'd Hit That' podcast that you did with that guy. Very informative and interesting conversation. Well, thanks for getting back to me.

Jon, are there any plans for a tour with the new CD? I know you guys have come through Detroit quite a few times over the past few years but I've been unable to attend and would like to change that next time.

We'll be on the road again starting in 2015. This was always going to be a year off since we'd toured the past 4 years.

Bermuda

Sounds great. Well, if you guys come through my neck of the woods, I will make plans to catch the show. I'm sure you guys have a busy itinerary when traveling, but I'd love to show you around town if there's any down time.

Just saw that, wow, live playing and singing, and it was at tempo and steady without a click (so the Don Pardo clip fit perfectly!) That was during my very brief Sonor phase (literally 3 months.) Worst drums I ever owned. Worst.

THE WORST!

Just saw that, wow, live playing and singing, and it was at tempo and steady without a click (so the Don Pardo clip fit perfectly!) That was during my very brief Sonor phase (literally 3 months.) Worst drums I ever owned. Worst.

THE WORST!

You know they were bad if John didn't like them!

I'd never seen a clip/picture of you with Sonar before. I guess I still learn something new everyday!

I must tell a story if I haven't already. If I have just ignore me as you normally do. I went to the show when Al and the band were in my area. I had a seat in the third row, last seat on the left. The first row doesn't extend the width of the stage. The second row, wraps toward the stage on the end so you are almost as close as the first row. The third row is a little longer and also wraps toward the stage so I was maybe four feet from the stage. The show wasn't very old when I texted my daughter-in-law to tell her where I was. She said send some photos. I had taken a few and was sending those with my head down typing. I looked up and Al was leaning off the front of the stage literally in my face. I yelled boo, but scared the crap out of me, and oh boy was I embarrassed. I guess he didn't appreciate my not paying attention. I don't fault him. The phone stayed in my pocket the rest of the evening. Jon arranged for passes back stage afterward, and I attempted an apology. Never again.

Link not working, but yep - gonna be a pretty comprehensive tour this time, and where there are some obvious gaps, there are dates waiting to be announced. :)

Well, 82 dates is hardly mind-numbing (as the article states) but that's not the final number anyway, it will be over 100. :)

August 13th, Clearwater Florida. I'll be in the house. Ticket has been purchased.

Updated tour dates for Jon and Al,

8/24 Sandy Amphitheater - Salt Lake City, UT
8/26 AVA Amphitheater - Tucson, AZ
8/29 The Masonic - San Francisco, CA
8/30-8/31 Harris Center for the Arts - Folsom, CA
9/16 Gallo Center for the Arts - Modesto, CA
9/19 The Greek Theatre - Los Angeles, CA

The Greek Theatre pre-sale will begin 3/24 @ 10am PST.

Last edited:
And more to come... :)

Looks like you'll be in my neck of the woods in Cary and Charlotte NC and Atlanta, GA so I'm hoping to catch one of the shows. Awesome

"AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED!"

Any idea when you'll be coming down under Bermuda?

I don't have the OZ dates yet, but I'll guess October/November.

Back