Post your youth pics here.

Double_G you remind me of Jim Gordon just a little. Duncan cool pic. Were you born with facial hair?

Okay, don't laugh....

This was me when I was 11 years old. This was a Kent kit (my first kit) and I had just brought it home - didn't even set it up (or wipe off the dust apparently), but wanted my picture taken with me behind it with the Peter Criss makeup. Ah, youth....

Dig the wallpaper!

Attachments

• 27746_1372106435678_6258160_n.jpg
    27746_1372106435678_6258160_n.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 579
1979 Tremor
Ludwig Vistalites.
Fun times! No that is not a shadow behind my head, that is my hair, and not permed!

Attachments

• tremor.jpg
    tremor.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 566
paipdrset01.jpg

This was me before SKyNet became self-aware.

Not quite age 18, with Pursuit at the 1974 L.A. County Battle of the Bands, at the Hollywood Bowl (we tied for first in the combo division.) This was actually not my first time performing there - I marched with the L.A.P.D. Junior Band that played a few events there in 1971/2.

The flute player is Jeff Rona, who went on to prominence scoring for TV and movies. The piano player, Bill Turner, was one of those guys who could pick up any instrument and play it, well. Trumpet, guitar, flute, even drums. I'm still in touch with guys, although Bill is very sick right now. Jim Walker played bass, and was the clown of the group. He and I were both major Zappa and Bonzo Dog Band fans. It wasn't unusual at rehearsals to launch into bits from Billy the Mountain, or start playing Can Blue Men Sing The Whites. Unfortunately, he passed away at a very young age. His was probably the first death of a contemporary I'd even encountered.

The drums were my Ludwig Standard 5-pc in Blue Mist (I typically only used one of the rack toms.) What a terrific kit, and sadly, long gone.

Bermuda

Attachments

• pursuit_july1974.jpg
    pursuit_july1974.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 535
Jon the flute guy looks like Liberace!

You had some hair. Why did you take it all off?

My first REAL drum set, a blue sparkle Rogers. Bought it with my own hard-earned bread from Eric Gedalje's House of Drums in Northridge, CA. Probably taken about 1972. Please no negative comments on the sweet 'stach & sideburns.

Attachments

• chris with blue rogers drums.png
    chris with blue rogers drums.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 496
This is a very early and embarrassing pic as I had just dropped a stick.

My mother was not pleased.

Attachments

• droppedstick.jpg
    droppedstick.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 465
Bored with studio and gigs, so went to Tilden Park Berkeley CA and communed with nature. Playing early set of Pearls. Double bass, triple rack toms and triple floors. 4 zildjians but no hihat

Attachments

• me on drums.JPG
    me on drums.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 436
Okay, don't laugh....

This was me when I was 11 years old. This was a Kent kit (my first kit) and I had just brought it home - didn't even set it up (or wipe off the dust apparently), but wanted my picture taken with me behind it with the Peter Criss makeup. Ah, youth....

Dig the wallpaper!

I'm digging the tom angles!

My sister just sent me one from her archives circa 1967/68 @ 15-16YO

Drums_zps195009e4.jpg

Trippy to look back at something you didn't know existed. I remember the house and the era like it was yesterday. Music was starting to explode.

Back