Buddy Rich

Nealio1987

what i've found with these and the steve gadd sticks ... if you stop using them there hard to get used to again being very light , if you use them all the time there great .....

who else uses rich sticks ?

I really never used the Buddy Rich sticks, but I've tried them on a drum pad a few times. I do like the Steve Gadd sticks though, the black paint chips and dents easily but I find that they have a good weight and nice balance and sounds great on cymbals. The weight of these sticks is probably the heaviest weight sticks that I use, being that I use a 7A quite frequently. So it really doesn't bother me going between the Steve Gadd sticks and anything lighter, but I don't go any heavier.

Dennis

Hey Nealio,

I sometimes use the VF BR sticks. I'm not sure if I understand your post, but I don't find this stick light at all. If anything, these stick are heavier than 5Bs.

With that said, I really like the BR sticks for heavier playing. The sticks have a nice balance and rebound to them.

However, the white finish drives me crazy when it starts chipping and makes a mess.

When not using the BR stick I like the Stanton Moore stick.

I haven't used the Gadd stick.

Thanks,
-r

... hey , what i meant is the buddy sticks are great but when you use something else for a wehile theyre hard to get used to again ... just a personal thing ... :)

Back