What's the story behind your user name?

These stories behind all of these user names are awesome! Keep them coming man, I love reading about how they came about!

I love the chapter title for that scene on the dvd: "Deviated Prevert"

Keenan Wynn practically stole that scene from Sellers with his totally serious portrayal (not an easything to do). To this day I don't fail to laugh hysterically every time I watch it.

MANDRAKE: Colonel. That Coca-Cola machine. Shoot the lock off. There may be enough change inside to reach the president!

BAT GUANO: (Pause) That's private property.

Mine's the name of a character in one of the greatest movies of all time...
Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola Company."

I tend to keep my associations down to a minimum because people have too much drama in thier lives and I simply don't want to deal with it all. On numerous occasions throughout my life I have been referred to as "that guy."

It's usually in this context....

Hey Bob (Bob's a friend of mine), who was "that guy" that I saw you with the other day?

Or..

Hey Bob, I always see you with "that guy." Who is he?

EDIT: Aydee shortened it to - Teeg

Last edited:
My name is Philip, I'm 6'6" and 105kg. ......

Sounds like my story. I'm also 6'6' and 220 - we'd be book ends. Funny part is that my last name is Little. I got stuck with littledenny by default. Like my younger (and heavier) brother's nickname better though. He got stuck with Thumper, after the rabbit, because of his big feet.

A song by Phish- You Enjoy Myself. I regret picking it simply because there are so many better ones that I would have picked now looking back. By the way, I don't recall why the two zeroes... I'd also like to get rid of those.

I came up with "burn the hero" when I was thinking about how it seems that all the good people in the world are the ones who are persecuted for their way of thinking, while the ignorant and mundane are praised. Heroes perish and fools prosper.

You would think it's chopsy as in drumming chops, but I'm actually referring to my favorite facial hairstyle, the muttonchop.

I came up with "burn the hero" when I was thinking about how it seems that all the good people in the world are the ones who are persecuted for their way of thinking, while the ignorant and mundane are praised. Heroes perish and fools prosper.

I've noticed that too. Evil people usually live long, fruitful, productive lives. There needs to be many more good ones to replace themselves.

Tutin is a nickname I've had since I was like four or five years old. My full name is "John Donald Alexander McLellan", but somebody I knew had an older sister who's boyfriend was called "John Tutin" who he knew as Tutin. He decided it would just be easier to call me Tutin.

Anyway, that name's stuck and I use it for just about everything now and I kind of like it.

Last edited:
Victor SPECIAL EDITION hahahaha!

A little *Silly* but, thats the Story about it

Last edited:
One of my dear beloved hobbies is watches. I am a collector with about 17 pieces now. They range in value from $25 Swatch to a real deal Rolex. Nearly all professionally photographed watches have the hands set to 10:10 or Ten Past Ten. The reason is asthetics: usually leaving no details obscured, especially the make. My avatar, by the way, is a 50th Anniversary Edition Rolex Submariner. Drums and watches, two of my great loves.

cdrums21,
Thinking out of the box I see. What a great question. The little things make all the difference. I really enjoy reading and thinking about drums and many of my "friends" on DW have influenced how I feel about one of my true loves....anyway. Slingerland755, I was fortunate enough to work out a deal with my first drum idol, Barry (BB Queen) Borden (the drummer for Mother's Finest, Choice, Illusion, Molly Hatchet, and the Marshall Tucker Band). We worked out a trade back in 1985 that included my 1979 Celica Supra for "Fred Red" (his 1978 candy apple red 9 piece Slingerland set). I watched BB and Mother's Finest open up for Aerosmith back in 1979 at the Omni in Atlanta, and they blew them off the stage. Truly the definig moment when I lknew drums were for me. Funk rock at its finest. Steven Tyler and the boys were no match for the energy MF displayed that night. BB gave me $500.00 and piece of crap 1978(?)MGB and Fred Red. A far as I'm concerned, he could have given me a terd and the drums. My drums will always be classice to me. The 755 is just a baseball thing (Hammerin' Hank, homeruns and Atlanta). Although, I wish I would have made it Slingerland285, because 285 was my band's name for 13 years. OK that's enough.

my name is angus...so cut off the 'an' and add 'ty'. i got the nickname when i was about 7 or 8

cdrums21,
Thinking out of the box I see. What a great question. The little things make all the difference. I really enjoy reading and thinking about drums and many of my "friends" on DW have influenced how I feel about one of my true loves....anyway. Slingerland755, I was fortunate enough to work out a deal with my first drum idol, Barry (BB Queen) Borden (the drummer for Mother's Finest, Choice, Illusion, Molly Hatchet, and the Marshall Tucker Band). We worked out a trade back in 1985 that included my 1979 Celica Supra for "Fred Red" (his 1978 candy apple red 9 piece Slingerland set). I watched BB and Mother's Finest open up for Aerosmith back in 1979 at the Omni in Atlanta, and they blew them off the stage. Truly the definig moment when I lknew drums were for me. Funk rock at its finest. Steven Tyler and the boys were no match for the energy MF displayed that night. BB gave me $500.00 and piece of crap 1978(?)MGB and Fred Red. A far as I'm concerned, he could have given me a terd and the drums. My drums will always be classice to me. The 755 is just a baseball thing (Hammerin' Hank, homeruns and Atlanta). Although, I wish I would have made it Slingerland285, because 285 was my band's name for 13 years. OK that's enough.

Cool man, interesting story. Thanks for sharing! :eek:)

Back