Show Me Your "Monster" Kits! (let's say... 7 piece and up)

My current WIP, both in terms of construction and education. My cymbals are a bit different now than when I took this pic.
picture.php

Shes a 14x10 Ludwig on the shortest stand I have. Its a classic from the 80s. I have 5 snares and this by far is the best snare I have ever played for rock.

Woa... If I had a snare like that I could sleep with it next to my pillow. I bought a 14X10 shell off Ebay and now begins the painful process of picking out the right hardware for it.

Last edited:
Woa... If I had a snare like that I could sleep with it next to my pillow. I bought a 14X10 shell off Ebay and now begins the painful process of picking out the right hardware for it.

You will love it when your done. I was not sure about it when I bought it, but when I set it up and played it I was amazed at the awesome low deep sound. I got really lucky as I paid $50 for it with a new head but I have replaced both snare drum top heads now with Aqarium ebony batter heads so all my drums have black heads....really finished the kit off. Good luck with your project, Im sure you will be happy.

Thanks guys, yes that kit was definitely inspired by Portnoy! A lot has changed since then though.

The Green Mapex kit just qualifies I guess. The red PDP normally has a 3rd crash but is still just a 6pc.

I guess I don't consider either "monster" kits. They're just my instruments

Attachments

• IMAGE_157.jpg
    IMAGE_157.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 4,556
  • SNC00045.jpg
    SNC00045.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 4,558
My CX with Stellar hooped and tricked Musashi and my new SC BB Performer.

Attachments

• My new Tamas.jpg
    My new Tamas.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 4,179
  • cx.jpg
    cx.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 4,155
Back