Too Tight... ! Is it??

I think he said he's talking about his reso's which I think everybody missed... To, me that does sound a little tight for reso's but honestly I like them cranked... I think they feel better that way, produce a touch more rebound without raising the batter, the top head resonates more with more sustain... So, for me it's about getting the right mix of overtones from the bottom head and a long enough note from the top head...

I crank the resos, too. And then my batters are just a few pinches looser. I dig a lot of boom from my kick drum.

Well I didn't miss it, but that didn't seem to be the gist of the OP. The question wasn't about "what sounds good" as I read it. It was "I like this tuning but I'm worried that it'll damage my drums."

And to that question I responded "no." My answer is still no. Unless he is using the cheapest, most horribly constructed drums imaginable, it won't hurt the hoops or drums.

Well I didn't miss it, but that didn't seem to be the gist of the OP. The question wasn't about "what sounds good" as I read it. It was "I like this tuning but I'm worried that it'll damage my drums."

And to that question I responded "no." My answer is still no. Unless he is using the cheapest, most horribly constructed drums imaginable, it won't hurt the hoops or drums.

Yea,

So, finally i got my answer...
This is the way, my kit sounds good while recording too... Sounds great to me!!
...i'll keep the tuning that way, or tune it down just a little bit', if needed.

Thanks Everyone !!

Back