Five Finger Death Punch

Not a screamo band in anyway,
Lots of angry yelling

to someone who doesn't know the music, Whats the difference?

Sorry but I think there an awful band, crappy commercial groove based metal. I hate them muchly. But that's just my opinion, to each their own!

ouch. I do see your point though i mean it does seem weird that a supposedly "metal" band is using auto tune for the vocals and stuff. I think they're okay though. The bass player matt snell has a totally awesome beard tho lolz XD

Awesome album art. Otherwise, very meh.

To us non-metalheads, the distinction between various genres of metal can get lost, as well as the difference between "screaming" and "yelling". I guess one is more high pitched?

You know what is a cool metal project, though? Austrian Death Machine. Not a huge fan of the music itself, but the lyrics are awesome. Come on, an entire group dedicated to Arnold and the movies he's been in.

i'm not metalhead although i do listen to some but i've always said that screaming is higher pitched and hard to understand often and yelling is something more along the lines of hot water music where it sounds believable and not forced. as for five finger death punch they're not the worst band to come out recently thats for sure

....Come on, an entire group dedicated to Arnold and the movies he's been in.

YES! haha the world's coming around finally XD. I can't wait to hear a song about him becoming governor...that's gonna be epic lolz

"True-metal"?
Hmmm.
We'll see about that.

I like some of their stuff, Way of the Fist is great. But the only reason I saw them live was for Shadows Fall. Haha.

The title "True-Metal" is self-given.
The singer Ivan Moody deemed their type that.

Apparently, there "mission" is to eliminate Emo music.
Good for me.

I didn't mean it as a shot against the band, I just ment it as I hate it when people classify bands as "true metal" or "fake metal". It annoys me.

But, if that's their mission, I mind as well stand by their descision.

I was told to listen to these guys recently because they were so awesome. Granted i only listened to two songs, but i thought it was unoriginal, bland music with totally juvenile lyrics. Great music for angry young men with a poor vocabulary. No offense to anyone.

Yah I think I was a bit OTT with my first post, hate is a very strong word, can I change that to strongly dislike?

What I don't like about this band is that they are highly derivative, unoriginal and watered down, with childish lyrics and a slipknot style vocalist.

To me they play a very radio friendly form of metal, derivative of the other groove metal bands like pantera, machine head and that sort of thing. Not my cup of tea at all, but then again I do spend most of my time listening to ear splitting extreme metal.

I'm a lyric guy. If a song starts out and the first line is , for example " I like your pants around your feet" (Nickleback), or something lame like " Step up to me Motherf****r ". Then i'm done with it. There is a market for it and yes someone will buy into it., but it's so overdone, a total yawn fest. At least go out and buy a thesaurus. The commercialized aspect of the music by itself doesn't bother me so much even though FFDP didn't arouse me in the riff department.

Awesome album art. Otherwise, very meh.

To us non-metalheads, the distinction between various genres of metal can get lost, as well as the difference between "screaming" and "yelling". I guess one is more high pitched?

You know what is a cool metal project, though? Austrian Death Machine. Not a huge fan of the music itself, but the lyrics are awesome. Come on, an entire group dedicated to Arnold and the movies he's been in.

1) In this case, "screamo" is a punk/hardcore offshoot that involves a lot of high-pitched screeching as opposed to the more standard hardcore/metal gruff howl. Think the difference between The Used's singer and Machine Head's. This is, of course, not counting high-pitched screamers like the guy from 3 Inches of Blood, or black/extreme singers like Cradle of Filth...

2) Austrian Death Machine is decent, but not a band I'd really "support". Just another of Tim's various side projects. Very entertaining, though.

And finally, Five Finger Death Punch is what I would deem "GOOD". They aren't great, they aren't bad, but they're good. Reliable metal I can listen to at pretty much any time.

Does anybody here like the "True-Metal" band: FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH?

Not a screamo band in anyway, Ivan Moody is the vocalist.
Lots of angry yelling, and lots of melodic vocals.

They have 2 c.d.'s:

The Way of the Fist
War is the Answer

There Amazing. I personaly Love them!! I deff think it would be an extremely rough concert but could be intresting

Back