Yamaha FP8500-B

2bsticks

Platinum Member
Hi,
Just ordered this pedal. Read lots of positive reviews on it. I used strap drive pedals way back in the stone age and then went on to the direct drive Ghost pedal for years. For the last 15 years it's been a DW 5000 double chain drive. Very good and relable but I was looking for a change, also wanted to lighten the load a bit. Have yet to try the thing but I'm not a speed monster so not expecting a big break in period.

Any of you play this pedal?

So, with that being said I do have a Yamaha Direct Drive with an added Tama coil spring that I will be most likely selling cheap. Any interest let me know, I can give you pictures. I bought it used off eBay and just don't use it.

Last edited:
I do and I love it. I think there are a few others on this forum who use this pedal. Not a well know pedal but as far as strap drive lightweight pedals go this the FP8500-B is pretty great

love this pedal. finally replaces my 1988 yamaha pedal after years of trying nearly every major brand. i am getting some great speed on this thing as well. just feel right & light w/ lots of power when you lay into it.

Received the pedal yesterday, was able to test it out a bit last night and this morning (sorry dear) made some minor adjustments. I will use it later today on a 4 hour club gig. First impression are positive, speed, power.(for my needs) are good, feel is good too, nice and light. No plate but not too concerned about that.

Back