What to do with old drum sticks?

JDC

I've got a collection of about 100 (and growing) old sticks in my basement and I don't want to just throw them out. I'm trying to come up with some type of creative reuse for them, whether it's just artistic or functional, whatever. Any suggestions are appreciated!

A house of drumsticks? Log cabin style? Wood Stove fuel? I have about 100 chewed up old sticks too, they make great kindling. I'd donate them, but who'd want them?

The hickory, I use in my smoker for ribs, chicken, shoulder roast, etc. Just to be on the safe side I make sure the logo's are burned off prior to adding the food to the grill.

How about the carcenogenic lacquer finish on the sticks? I'm sure that goes well with burgers.

How about the carcenogenic lacquer finish on the sticks? I'm sure that goes well with burgers.

You make sure it burns off first before placing the grill down, that's for sure.

At the same rate, how about the carcinogenic smoke from the wood itself? If you're worried about this kind of stuff you shouldn't BBQ at all.

Kill vampires?...................................................................................................

1) Autograph a few.
2) Bring them to your next gig.
3) Find some pretty girls digging your music.
4) Toss the sticks out to those girls between songs.
5) Pop in a piece of minty gum.
6) Go talk to those girls after your set.

Rinse & Repeat

With a hundred busted sticks laying around, you should be busy well into the new year. ;-)

You can do as my girlfriend did with these Hornet 5A's. They make great plant supports just after a short stay on the drum kits, lol.

DSC_0141.jpg

Dennis

I've got a collection of about 100 (and growing) old sticks in my basement and I don't want to just throw them out. I'm trying to come up with some type of creative reuse for them, whether it's just artistic or functional, whatever. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Make a 'collage', hang it on your wall, art.

Give 'em away to an aspiring kid who has no money.

Like, in my case, myself! I can't believe we're this many posts in and no one has mentioned reusing sticks. Break one stick in a pair of 5Bs, break one in a pair of 5As, use the leftovers together at rehearsal. Rinse, repeat.

Like, in my case, myself! I can't believe we're this many posts in and no one has mentioned reusing sticks. Break one stick in a pair of 5Bs, break one in a pair of 5As, use the leftovers together at rehearsal. Rinse, repeat.

Excellent idea! Naveed, you're a creative thinker. I'd like to hear you play!

My drum teacher turns them into wind chimes that you can put on a kit.

What would be a cool idea is putting one in a clamp somewhere on your kit and using that as another surface on the kit, sounding like clicking sticks without having to bring them together and interuppting your playing.

...or you could carve it into a pedal beater and use to hit a floor mounted wood block (like DeathMetalConga).

Yep mix n match the leftovers. Waste not want not. I used to the worn ones as spares for padwork.

Now I have a whole bunch of these 5As and 5Bs - from brand new to a bit worn - just sitting on my shelf because I now use much lighter sticks.

Back