Winter Storm >>>NEMO

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Well here we go again.They actually named this snow storm Nemo ,like it was a pet fish or a turtle.Gas lines started yesterday,as well as panic food buying like milk,bread and eggs.There wasn't a shopping cart to be had at the supermarket,and you actually had to cruise the parking lot to get a space.
I counted 28 people on line at the deli counter to buy cold cuts.Just unreal

At last forcast at 4:45 PM eastern time,NYC was due for 10 to 16 inches,with Boston and parts of New England up to 3 feet.

Stay safe and warm everyone,especial you guys in the Northeast region of the US.I'm in Staten Island NY,so I'm right there with you.New Yorkers are being tested yet again.

I think I need a vacation..................:(

Steve B

Last edited:
Good luck everyone up north.

This lame storm naming crap needs to end.

snowed in right now and enjoying time with the wife and dog

Steve, you and other NY/NJ/New Englanders deserve a break in the weather departmebnt.

I don't get the rush out and get not so healthy food thing though. Why cold cuts, 2% homogenized/pasturized milk and Wonder white bread? Why not fruits and veggies and brake out the juicer? Seems like a good time for some home cookin'. Keep drumming be safe. No head-first riding on the sled!

The storm is pretty cool actually, I am sitting here watching the snow fall right now. I left work today at noon. I came home and I installed my new dw bass drum riser on my Mapex Saturn Walnut 18 inch bass drum. I love it!
I'm having fun playing my Jazz kit!
Oh yea, I just ordered a new Macbook Pro computer because my old MacBook is dying fast!

I'm just finding Nemo now. Should only get 2" or so here in central/southern NJ.

We had a little bit of hail in L.A. today. Nothing close to a Nemo. Had to warm up the room with my heat gun though when I got home. We have no heater, dammit.

Update; There is about a foot of snow outside right now. other parts of my state, (Connecticut) have 21 inches. I am still just chillin out and watchin the show while I try not to breath to hard on my old MacBook that is rapidly dying. My new one arrives on Tuesday.

Last edited:
just walked the dog

about 8 inches out there and its still coming down hard

I'm loving it though

the wife is in bed and I'm just relaxing spinning some jazz vinyl watching the snow fall

Miles ESP right now

Keep safe guys. A foot of snow is quite a bit, & you can work around it. We had 18" here a couple of weeks ago, & that's fairly challenging, but 3 foot of snow (as predicted) is a real issue.

Enjoy spinning vinyl, bass drum risers, general skin pounding, & quality family time guys :)

Here is a pic from my kitchen window of my car and my brother in law's work van.

Attachments

• 0209030804.jpg
    0209030804.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 87
Nice storm....been a long time since a storm like this...Woonsocket RI... 26-28 inches and still snowing..Denis

We got about 18" by 6:00 last night and it kept snowing overnight.

I have a snow blower so it doesn't matter how much we get to me. I love looking at it. Just too old to want to play in it.

We wound up with 36 inches. It took three of us 5 hours to clear the driveway with 2 shovels and one snowblower. Still no town plow and there is about 3 feet in the road.

Well it wasn't as bad as predicted,depending on where on the Island you lived .I got around a foot,and didn't lose power.Others were't as lucky as close to 800 lost power last night.The ones that were in the worst shape are the families still living in tents in Midland and Oakwood beach .As many as 680,000 lost power in New England.

There are still thousands of displaced families on Staten Island.If you can spare it.please donate to the Robinhood Relief Fund,and not the Red Cross.The difference is that with Robinhood,every dollar goes directly to victims of the storm,and not so much with the Red Cross who has numerous administrative salaries to pay,as well as office space rent ect..

Think about living in a tent for months in freezing weather,because you have no place else to go.

Steve B

Just finished digging out after 3 hours, I'm beat, glad not to be gigging tonight. Screw Winter!

Last edited:
This lame storm naming crap needs to end.
Like everything else these days, the storm name thing is all about marketing.

According to Discovery.Com:

Back in October 2012, everybody was poohooing The Weather Channel’s (TWC) plan to start giving names to significant winter storms. Now it looks like a large number of reports on the storm, dubbed Nemo by TWC, have adopted the name (not all, by any means, but lots, including Discovery News).

What happened? I’ll say it in three words: search engine optimization.

The whole article is at http://news.discovery.com/earth/weather-extreme-events/naming-nemo-gets-traction-130208.htm

Back