Oil Spills

bea01

One of the biggest oil spills that happens in North America is the Deepwater Horizon incident that happens last April 20, 2010 many people a business establishments were being affected.

Yeah, and right now, BP is suing Haliburton over it. But this is an international drum forum, so what exactly are we supposed to do about a year old oil spill ?​

Yeah, and right now, BP is suing Haliburton over it. But this is an international drum forum, so what exactly are we supposed to do about a year old oil spill ?​

Drum heads are made from plastic film which is just one of many products made from oil. Also, this forum is a hub of educational information. It's good for drummers to be informed of events that change the world. Now, as me and my buddy bea01 were saying...

The oil's spread was initially increased by strong southerly winds caused by an impending cold front. By April 25, 2010, the oil spill covered 580 square miles (1,500 km²) and was only 31 miles (50 km) from the ecologically sensitive Chandeleur Islands. An April 30, 2010, estimate placed the total spread of the oil at 3,850 square miles (10,000 km²). The spill quickly approached the Delta National Wildlife Refuge and Breton National Wildlife Refuge.

That is a valid point. It's important to know what has happened and what is going on world wide.

Also, this forum is a hub of educational information. It's good for drummers to be informed of events that change the world. .

Ian, you know I love you man, but come on, that incident was hardly a secret :) :) :)

Really? I never heard of this happening before right now. I've got some heavy online reading to do...

EDIT: Dang! Did you guys hear about a tsunami hitting Japan a while back? Sheesh! I've got to get out of the practice room more often...

Ian, you know I love you man, but come on, that incident was hardly a secret :) :) :)

Indeed ... unless you live in a cave, lead a very sheltered "existence", wait a minute, everyone on this forum has a computer .... probably knows sorta what's going on, in the world. And yeah, the largest "oil disaster" ever, in man's history ... kinda like saying ... "Chernobyl, what was that?"​
Guy's who are "new" to the forum "typically" start off by saying "Hi, my name is _______ , and I've been drumming for __ years. And this is my kit. But a first post, and the topic is a year old oil spill story, geez, what is this, some cheap version of CNN .... "where we bring you the news ... but it's a year old !"​
Anyone check out the "gccf claims" link ... this actually looks like a spammer to me.​

Oh c'mon, guys! Don't be so hard on the little fella! He's only trying to fit in. It's the equivalent of going to your friend's work party, being left in the position to talk with somebody you don't know, and saying, "So, how 'bout those Dodgers?" These drum forums can be scary, awkward places. Anyways, here's some more of the goods...

Oil began washing up on the beaches of Gulf Islands National Seashore on June 1, 2010. By June 4, 2010, the oil spill had landed on 125 miles (201 km) of Louisiana's coast, had washed up along Mississippi and Alabama barrier islands, and was found for the first time on a Florida barrier island at Pensacola Beach. On June 9, 2010, oil sludge began entering the Intracoastal Waterway through Perdido Pass after floating booms across the opening of the pass failed to stop the oil. On June 23, 2010, oil appeared on Pensacola Beach and in Gulf Islands National Seashore, and officials warned against swimming for 33 miles (53 km) east of the Alabama line.

Back